Clifton Gardens

GrantHarris

Hi

A mate of mine wants to take his young son fishing and the criteria is that he has to catch some fish. They live just up the road from Clifton Gardens and i was thinking of recommending he go there and just fish for Yakkas with a bait jig and some berley.

I'm unfamiliar with the topography and would like to know if this is feasible?

Thanks

Hi

A mate of mine wants to take his young son fishing and the criteria is that he has to catch some fish. They live just up the road from Clifton Gardens and i was thinking of recommending he go there and just fish for Yakkas with a bait jig and some berley.

I'm unfamiliar with the topography and would like to know if this is feasible?

Thanks

Just get your mate to fish off the wharf early in the morning or late afternoon with the above set up you described and he should be fine.

Hey Grant

Get to Clifton early before sunrise an gather either yakkas and or/ squid an put them straight out! Then sit back an wait for the surface action consisting of kingys, bonnies, frigates an tailor and you should be in for some fun!

I always keep a SP or lure handy on another rig ready to throw at the surface boils, until your livey gets a hit :thumbup::thumbup: .

Good luck with it mate an hope you get some!

Dan & Greg

A bit of burley and a bait jig would do just fine i reckon - maybe a little bit of squid to put on the jigs would also help.

The yakkas might disappear once the sun (and the predators) come up, but you might find them on the corner where the wharf splits off to the right...