Wandering Anchor

Piss'n'Broke

Hey All

Gonna cut straight to the story Greg was out last week at Quarantine @ anchor for some kingys, anyhow after about 1/2 hr a half cab of about 16-18ft turns up with 4 occupants onboard. They drop anchor an before Greg can even say "hello' 2 of them have rigged up in dive gear an slipped straight over the side.

Greg is left sitting there stratching himself thinking WTF? No flags or bouys were deployed. It wasnt till almost a hour later he notices ropes coming off the side of the boat being dragged in???? :wacko::wacko:

It was then that the 2 divers surfaced beside there boat, an along with them attached to the lines on their boat 3plus anchors an chains!

ONE OF WHICH WAS OURS! After a few quiet words to these guys they kindly put Gregs anchor back where it was! And gave him a sand anchor for the hassle,,, ie setting him adrift,,, wonder if these guys thought why does this anchor have a rope attached going UP?????

Turns out these guys where from a Fishing Club gathering lost anchors up for their members! ROFLMAO!!!! Cheap buggas (The Members). Greg aslo kindy informed them of some BIGGGG 200kgs plus sharks hanging around the marker, at which they took off!!

On the brighter side of that day Greg got 5 kingys all legal biggest which went 82cm :thumbup:

Dan & Greg

Dano

All kingys were caught on squid that Greg got! But others around him were picking them up on yakkas, but not as regularly.

Dan

Nice work good to see the squid after the rain. They are invaluable in the harbour!!

Iam heading out sunday for an early one hopping i can pick up some squid.

Might see you boys out there one of these days!!

Cheers Dan.

Dan and Greg,

Salvaged anchores are worth a bit of cash apperently, I have not expereinced what you have but I have read of divers that make a living out of recovering them and selling them to second hand dealers

I know that the anchor on our sailing boat cost around $350.00 5 years ago.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Yeah some anchors cost a whole lot more than others,,,, Usually the price of the anchor is in direct comparison to the boat its being used for! But for the most part biggest boat we have seen on this marker to date was just over 9M, now that would be a BIGG anchor an an $$$$

Anyhow I have heard the same but I also know alot of divers that reckon is just not worth it. The price of refilling their O2 tanks, not to mention fuel an time, doesnt warrant going after a $200 anchor. But like everything in the right cirumstances I could see people making some good bucks.

Dan an Greg

Edited by Dan and Greg

i remember when i was a young lad fishing at kiama harbour some divers just learners going in on the other side, about 1/2 hour later the bloke next to me gets a tug and winds in a fish skeleton :074: . he then runs over to this huge rock and procedes to drop it on the bubble coming up in water! :074: .

Hey All

Gonna cut straight to the story Greg was out last week at Quarantine @ anchor for some kingys, anyhow after about 1/2 hr a half cab of about 16-18ft turns up with 4 occupants onboard. They drop anchor an before Greg can even say "hello' 2 of them have rigged up in dive gear an slipped straight over the side.

Greg is left sitting there stratching himself thinking WTF? No flags or bouys were deployed. It wasnt till almost a hour later he notices ropes coming off the side of the boat being dragged in???? :wacko::wacko:

It was then that the 2 divers surfaced beside there boat, an along with them attached to the lines on their boat 3plus anchors an chains!

ONE OF WHICH WAS OURS! After a few quiet words to these guys they kindly put Gregs anchor back where it was! And gave him a sand anchor for the hassle,,, ie setting him adrift,,, wonder if these guys thought why does this anchor have a rope attached going UP?????

Turns out these guys where from a Fishing Club gathering lost anchors up for their members! ROFLMAO!!!! Cheap buggas (The Members). Greg aslo kindy informed them of some BIGGGG 200kgs plus sharks hanging around the marker, at which they took off!!

On the brighter side of that day Greg got 5 kingys all legal biggest which went 82cm :thumbup:

Dan & Greg

Was that on Thursday 22nd Feb by any chance ?

Edited by Blood Knot