Botany Bay

frankp

hey all

just doing a report on behalf of my brother. hope thats ok.

trip started at 5am yesterday trying to catch squid with no luck.

headed over to molineax point where he anchored with pilchards and squid from a previous trip being the bait. after a bit of berlying he landed a 51cm salmon and a 45cm bonitio. he did tell me that as he was pulling in the bonito he did see a bonito following the caught bonito along with a big kingie, he said around 85-90cm.

after that small action finished he decided to downrigg along molineax point with squid strips. after about 5 minutes of downrigging he heard the zzzzzzzzz and the sound of the downrigging realising (he did say that the sound of the downrigger going off and action was something to be seen and heard ). the fight went for 3 minutes with the fish winning its fight amongst the rocks. he said that the fish had a lot of weight to it but with common kingfish headshake. it must of been a big fella as the baitrunner just couldnt hold the fish. the only thing was he was using 20lb trace. is this too shy.

cheers

ps : im having trouble loading the picture . any help please

hey all

just doing a report on behalf of my brother. hope thats ok.

trip started at 5am yesterday trying to catch squid with no luck.

headed over to molineax point where he anchored with pilchards and squid from a previous trip being the bait. after a bit of berlying he landed a 51cm salmon and a 45cm bonitio. he did tell me that as he was pulling in the bonito he did see a bonito following the caught bonito along with a big kingie, he said around 85-90cm.

after that small action finished he decided to downrigg along molineax point with squid strips. after about 5 minutes of downrigging he heard the zzzzzzzzz and the sound of the downrigging realising (he did say that the sound of the downrigger going off and action was something to be seen and heard ). the fight went for 3 minutes with the fish winning its fight amongst the rocks. he said that the fish had a lot of weight to it but with common kingfish headshake. it must of been a big fella as the baitrunner just couldnt hold the fish. the only thing was he was using 20lb trace. is this too shy.

cheers

ps : im having trouble loading the picture . any help please

Hi Frank...here is the guide to posting picturesHere

pete.

If you fish too light you run the risk of getting done but if you fish too heavy then you generally get less bites, especially if the fish are finacky. Personally id rather fish heavy and have a decent chance at stopping a big fish, 40lb is the lightest trace i use when i jewie fish and if im fishing close to structure then ill go up to 80lb.

If you fish too light you run the risk of getting done but if you fish too heavy then you generally get less bites, especially if the fish are finacky. Personally id rather fish heavy and have a decent chance at stopping a big fish, 40lb is the lightest trace i use when i jewie fish and if im fishing close to structure then ill go up to 80lb.

thats what i tried to explain to him but thena gain i havent really heard of an unstoppable fish around molineux

Mate with Kings i dont think i have felt headshakes,

i think what u feel is more the beating(if thats what u wana call it) of the tail,

Most of my Kings have been caught on 6kg,do get a few bust offs,anything

heavier i seem to have probs gettin em to bite.

penguin