Kingfish Of Stack Island

slothe

Hi guys, Took off fishing at 8am heading towards Bass Point to have a bit of a troll when we come across a very large pod of porpoises (around 200) smashing schools of garfish. :1yikes: Didn't stay long as the wind was getting up. Headed around to do a spot of drifting around the bommie of Stack Island. Couldn't help but notice a lot of people on the rocks there cars above, over looking a popular land based fishing spot i call the ledge. A large flotila of boats on the water and air surport above. Looks like they found whoever it was. Read later two blokes were jumping off the ledge and the swell has gotten up and one poor fellow has failed to get out and lost his live as it seems.Anyway back to fishing,We started the drift and after a few bust offs catching the bottom about 7 beteen us, we decided to do a little bit of jigging with our bottom baits my mates smaller outfit went off, huge run took plenty of line. lands a nice kingfish measuring 63cm. Fish about an hour or so and me mates rod goes off zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, after a bit of a strugle on his smaller outfit lands anouther kingfish of about 62cm, meanwhile i'm catching nought not a bite: :mad3: . Fished for an hour or so more for 1 small flatty guess who gaught that. :mad3: Thats fishing i surpose. Got to windy started heading back to harbour came across huge school of garfish i mean huge, to windy to hang in my boat bad luck ah nice to eat and good bait to. By the way water temp was 24.2C in close.

Hi guys, Took off fishing at 8am heading towards Bass Point to have a bit of a troll when we come across a very large pod of porpoises (around 200) smashing schools of garfish. :1yikes: Didn't stay long as the wind was getting up. Headed around to do a spot of drifting around the bommie of Stack Island. Couldn't help but notice a lot of people on the rocks there cars above, over looking a popular land based fishing spot i call the ledge. A large flotila of boats on the water and air surport above. Looks like they found whoever it was. Read later two blokes were jumping off the ledge and the swell has gotten up and one poor fellow has failed to get out and lost his live as it seems.Anyway back to fishing,We started the drift and after a few bust offs catching the bottom about 7 beteen us, we decided to do a little bit of jigging with our bottom baits my mates smaller outfit went off, huge run took plenty of line. lands a nice kingfish measuring 63cm. Fish about an hour or so and me mates rod goes off zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, after a bit of a strugle on his smaller outfit lands anouther kingfish of about 62cm, meanwhile i'm catching nought not a bite: :mad3: . Fished for an hour or so more for 1 small flatty guess who gaught that. :mad3: Thats fishing i surpose. Got to windy started heading back to harbour came across huge school of garfish i mean huge, to windy to hang in my boat bad luck ah nice to eat and good bait to. By the way water temp was 24.2C in close.

Not a bad session there Slothe. A few kingies is better than nothing.

Pity you couldn't take advantage of the gars...they would have been fun in such great numbers and I bet there would have been a few kings underneath them.

That drowning incident was correct. One person drowned while swimming. Here is the news story in today's SMH Drowning

Cheers,

Pete.

ah at least your mate got a few kingys they put a good fight especially on light gear

doesnt it give you the willys when one side of the boat goes off its happened to plenty of us so you jump on that side put the same bait on and your mate still catches everything :mad3:

stack island where is that is it arond near rangoon

cheers mik

ah at least your mate got a few kingys they put a good fight especially on light gear

doesnt it give you the willys when one side of the boat goes off its happened to plenty of us so you jump on that side put the same bait on and your mate still catches everything :mad3:

stack island where is that is it arond near rangoon

cheers mik

called stack island on nav maps also called rangoon by many