Broken Bay

livo

Took the youngen's out after lunch today for a bit of a float around.

Did the Flathead Beach drift a couple of times and got small Flatties, undersize reds and live bait size tailor about 6" long all in less than half an hour. Everything was nailing those little Bluebait (miniature pillies to me). Missed a couple of good touches as well.

The daughter caught the first keeper flattie at about 45 cm then turned green and lost lunch. She wasn't going to recover so we went back in and pumped some pink nippers as the tide hade dropped. Only got half a dozen then over to mosquito bay for a couple more baby reds. Called it a day after 4 hours.

When asked did she want to eat her flattie, which incidently is her favourite fish, the answer was no. So having kept it alive in the bait tank we released it.

Had we been able to stay I'm pretty sure more flatties would have ended up in the tank and I wouldn't have asked whether or not to keep them. I'd be eating Tempura flathead pieces instead of mixed grill tonight.

Kids are off to Pony Club tomorrow with mum so my day is all mine and I haven't unhooked the boat. After all, what's the point?

Sounds like you had a good day plenty of fish for the kids to catch doesnt reely matter what size they catch as long as they are catching something there stoked my young fellars love it

your poor daughter nothing worse than being sick on the water and the last thing she was thinking about was the stinkin fish

hope you catch a few biggins tomorrow

cheers mik