Fishing Licence

james1990

Straight from the fisheries page

You require a NSW recreational fishing licence to fish in fresh and salt water in NSW unless you are:

1. Under the age of 18.

2. An adult assisting a person under the age of 18 to take a fish using a single rod or to take prawns using a single dip or scoop net.

3. A person fishing in a private dam with a surface area of two hectares or less.

4. An Aboriginal person fishing in freshwater; or, when fishing in saltwater, an Aboriginal person that is a party to a registered native title claim, or is taking part in a traditional cultural activity as a member of their local land council, or in the company of a member of the local land council.

5. The holder of:

current Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink

current Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veteran's Affairs.

Commonwealth Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Totally and Permanently Incapacitated";

Commonwealth Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Extreme Disablement Adjustment";

letter from the Commonwealth Department of Veterans Affairs stating that the person receive a disability pension of 70 per cent or higher, or an intermediate pension.

With a little extra information for others who may be interested

Edited by Dalucius

Hi guys

May sound like a dumb question, noone has been able to give me a straight answer

But how old do i have to be before i need a fishing licence?

cheers james

You need a licence if you are 18 years or older James.

Here is the web page that shows exemptions: N.S.W.Fisheries

Cheers,

Pete.