Flurocarbon Leader

RPL

hey guys,

My setup im using is a symetre 4000 with 15lb tuf line on it, i was just woundering what line class flurocarbon leader i should use, i was thinking of something like 25lb -30lb?

Just chasing kings and jews in the bay, what you think is 15lb overkill?

thanks

I have the exact same setup...symetre 4000, 15lb tufline on a shimano snapper raider 5-8kg rod. I generally run 15lb flourocarbon (seaguar) for pelagics unless there's good reason to go heavier. just landed my first 3 kingies on it last week. goes like a dream.

I have the exact same setup...symetre 4000, 15lb tufline on a shimano snapper raider 5-8kg rod. I generally run 15lb flourocarbon (seaguar) for pelagics unless there's good reason to go heavier. just landed my first 3 kingies on it last week. goes like a dream.

O sweet i thought that the leader should be heavier than the mainline?

that depends on how and where you're fishing. you can go up to 25 or 30lb on the leader with 15lb braid as the braid will handle that weight. I often fish with floating strip bait and find the hook up rate is greater with the lighter line. If you're fishing structure or downrigging with whole baits I'd be using at least 30lb and probably a different outfit altogether. 15lb braid for kings will get you burned on a good one anyway...but that's half the fun.

Guest IFishSick.

I would be interested in seeing which one is recommended as the best Flurocarbon leader.

I've read some reviews and SEAGUAR seems to stand above the rest. Never tried Flurocarbon personally but want some 6lb and 10lb for the Port Hacking. Tackle World however doesn't stock under 25lb.

What the?