Clifton-balmoral 9/3

Guest dicko1

Guest dicko1

Got down to CG at about 7ish this morn, few ppl there already. Couple of frigates had been caught and there were a few bream coming in however it was heaps windy and pretty cold so i got the shits after about half an hour and went round to blamoral. There was a fair bit of surface action out amongst the moorings but out of casting distance. There were only 2 other fishos there but 1 guy had about 8 rods out in every direction so it was impossible to fish from the permitted area. I decided to just fish from around the baths and hope no rangers saw me. It was pretty quite but then just as I was about to go...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yahoo: absolutely stoked to be onto something finally!! A crowd gathered around me as I was playin the fish out, just kept running and testing me to the max. It dove pretty deep after it was hooked and unfortunately i never got 2 see it. After about 2 mins it managed to run me over possibly the only bit of structure in around the pool, it looks mainly just sand. :1badmood::mad3: I felt like crying!! Third good fish lost in a week! Any ideas on what it was, do frigates dive deep after being hooked? I was thinkin maybe salmon?? Anyways, i think that is probably the last time I will try for frigates with metal jigs on my 4lb flouro with no leader, gonna step up to the 12lb braid outfit until i have won a few before going back down. It has been a very expensive week now, $20 of lures no fish!!

Guest dicko1

Thats what i thought from the long runs but then when it didnt go str8 for the pylons i thought otherwise, it def had a bit of weight to it... That'd be the 2nd king iv lost in a wk then, never caught one b4, very depressing! Oh well, there's always 2mo!

Mate your doing OK cos at least your hooking them. It just a matter of time B4 you land one. Definately go a heavier duty outfit.

Keep at it. I was like that with catching a jewie and finally this year got an 8KG off the beach. It was funny because not 5min before i got my jewie run i was wingeing to my mates that the beach was a waste of time.