Harbour - 10/03

KingsRule

Launched at about 3.50 thismorning, only 1 other traler in the carpark, sweet :biggrin2:

Buggered around till about 6.00 trying to catch squid an yakkas, with only 1 yakkas to account for :05:

Moved round to the drum at the clifton navy wharf.

Saw some frigates working, managed to pull one of the school before they dissapeared, might i add , he was stuffed senseless full of frog mouth pilles !

Decided to go anchor near the drum, 20mins later , the ratchet screams of the charter special :yahoo:

and a few mins later i pull a nice king of 64cm :yahoo:

another 5mins and BANG , this was a better fish, took alot more line and went harder.

Finally netted him , at 67cms my new PB - sweeeet.

th.c9472059b1.jpg

about another hour went by with nothing, went round to balmoral, found some frigates but they wouldnt touch our lures so we called it a day.

Both of the kings were taken on pices of frigate.

Guest IFishSick.

Great stuff mate! Although I beat you by 50 minutes to fishing though! :1prop:

Frigates man, where are they in the Hacking? Only last for 20 seconds and come and go within an hour of first light! :ranting2:

Guest IFishSick.

These Pelagics are giving me the S#%&'s big time! Frigates, Bonnies and Tailor just don't want to play ball with my 10, 12, 20gr metals nor my GULP minnows.

I got 5 Yakka's and sent them out under a float. 1 Squid and lost 3 at strike and reel in. And some other rubbish.

Going out tomorrow and I tell you what, I'm going early. Been trying to get livies for the last 2 months in the bay in daylight. After having a school at my feet this morning and then having them dissapear as soon as light showed made me realise why I'm not getting any.

They are easy to catch those Yakka's. Especially with my new burley blend.

These Pelagics are giving me the S#%&'s big time! Frigates, Bonnies and Tailor just don't want to play ball with my 10, 12, 20gr metals nor my GULP minnows.

I got 5 Yakka's and sent them out under a float. 1 Squid and lost 3 at strike and reel in. And some other rubbish.

Going out tomorrow and I tell you what, I'm going early. Been trying to get livies for the last 2 months in the bay in daylight. After having a school at my feet this morning and then having them dissapear as soon as light showed made me realise why I'm not getting any.

They are easy to catch those Yakka's. Especially with my new burley blend.

Sounds frustrating, mate. Good to hear that you're getting the yakkas OK. I'm thinking of heading out tomorrow, too. I've heard that using even smaller lures is the ticket for frigates and other pelagics.

Flattieman.

Yeah , so did i.

Although i had squid out, (selfcaught and frozen) didnt get a touch..

Interesting indeed, amazing the difference between fresh and not so fresh squid. I have some squid that I caught yesterday, have had it in the CHILL section of the fridge, and will try stripping it tomorrow to see if I have any takers. We will also have live yakkas and squid, we hopefully will catch tomorrow, so we will see how the two day old squid fares.