What's In A Fishes Guts

Spanker

Hi lads,

From time to time people mention what is in a fishes guts after cleaning. I think this is fascintaing and wonder how close the link is between catch rates and proximity of our offering (bait or lure) to what fish are feeding on at the time.

Would it be worth it or even possible to have a data dump on FR where people can list; what species they caught, what was in the fish gut, what bait/lure they were using?

I reckon after 3 month and maybe a couple of dozen samples for a particular species, there could be some interesting results.

eg how to get the fish to bite when they're obviously feeding - but not on what you have to offer.

eg whiting consistant;y sowing up in the gut a big beach jew, possibly a new bait alternative.

Just a thought

Spanker

G`day Fellas ,

I once found a BGees Audio Tape in the gut of a small whaler washed up on Garie Beach .

Mick

I'll bet the song on it was "Don't Want to Live Inside Myself" or "Eaten Alive" :074::074:

Pete.

I'll bet the song on it was "Don't Want to Live Inside Myself" or "Eaten Alive" :074::074:

Pete.

:Funny-Post:

Haha. Is there a way we could set up a drop box on FR and then once a month someone tally up the results in an .xl spreadsheet and posts the results. If the regular Kingfish, Salmon, Jew, Bream and Flathead catches were recorded, after a couple of months the results would be fascinating. It might be that tackle vendors would even be interested in this "research".

I released most of the kings I caught at Clifton over the past couple of weeks,

but the 3 that I have kept have been full of cut up pillie pieces and squid strips,

with nothing in their stomaches that they have caught themselves.

Seems they pop past Clifton for entree's, hor douves and berley de jour

before a big night out on the harbour

Jason

Edited by PPSGT

On my trip with a fishing charter a few weeks ago, a small octopus was found stuffed in the throat of a kingy when the guide cleaned it. The kingy must have caught it by itself since no other boats around us were using octopus.not that i could see anyway.