Sydney Harbour 18/03/07

Dano1

Hi all,

Just a quick report headed out early this morning, and again managed 12 squid in 2hrs :thumbup: , Had 2 be back early so went for a quick check of the markers and reefs.

pulled up a just legal king 61cm at Neilson park then headed to quarantine, where i pulled up a Amberjack 55cm. First for me does any one no the legal size for a amberjack couldnt find it on fisheries web site??????. Then just as we were going to call it a day my mates rod buckles over and he's on to somthing solid after about 5mins he boated a nice fat 83cm King!! his pb. Back home boat washed with a nice bag of squid each by 9.30am. All fish were realesed to fight another day

Here's a few photos: The king, the Amberjack and the the squid just b4 there heads were ripped out for bait minus a few we used live.

post-3412-1174177972_thumb.jpg

post-3412-1174178016_thumb.jpg

post-3412-1174178053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dano1

what a king ,is dat a samspon fish or a amberjack ? i caught this in pittwater a month ago

imag00321pb4.jpg

untitled1fq0.jpg

any ideas????????????????

Hey mate,

Yeah ive only ever seen 1 photo of a sampson and it looked more like yours but ive heard that they develop the pattern on there skin over time!!

so not sure will post bigger picture CAN SOMEONE ID IT???? It looked very seriola like!!

post-3412-1174186955_thumb.jpg

Yep definatly a amberjack got this photo of the web.

Thanks,

Dan.

so i wasnt the only confused one lol i was flipping nearly every site had different names i actauly caught the samson on a live yakka put out for a jewie

Lovely kind, Dano! :yahoo::thumbup: Well done on the squid too - to eat or keep for future bait?

Flattieman.

G'day Flattieman,

This time to eat!! I normally can't help myself and feed them all to the kings!! but had time limit 2day!

Was salt + pepper squid for lunch 2day :biggrin2::beersmile:

Mmm... :drool: Do you find them difficult to prepare for the table?

Flattieman.

Mate couldn't be eaiser rip head out for bait pull out cartlidge and excess guts, there u have it a clean slab of squid flesh! i just strip it up add salt pepper and garlic bit a oil straight on the bbq mmmm cook for about 2mins.

Mate couldn't be eaiser rip head out for bait pull out cartlidge and excess guts, there u have it a clean slab of squid flesh! i just strip it up add salt pepper and garlic bit a oil straight on the bbq mmmm cook for about 2mins.

U better stop it,ur making me hungry :1prop:

Well done on the King and Amber :thumbup:

penguin