Nepean River

Hi all,

With Ryan having his breakfast, i pick up the ph to see a msg from WATTO @ 12.42am - too pissed not fishing. So Ryan & I hit the water together - it was the first time i had launched & retrieved my 5M quinne on my own, lesson learnt :thumbup:

We went up past the narrows & noticed that whilst the water was still brown there was alot less week & the river seemed more "active".

Anyway results were 3 herring - 1 @ 20cm & the other 2 dropped at the boat.

One guy told me he got onto a 30cm bass under the bridge.

Good day with my son anyway

Guest MRS WATTO

Hi all,

With Ryan having his breakfast, i pick up the ph to see a msg from WATTO @ 12.42am - too pissed not fishing. So Ryan & I hit the water together - it was the first time i had launched & retrieved my 5M quinne on my own, lesson learnt :thumbup:

We went up past the narrows & noticed that whilst the water was still brown there was alot less week & the river seemed more "active".

Anyway results were 3 herring - 1 @ 20cm & the other 2 dropped at the boat.

Good day with my son anyway

Roy

Glad you had a good day with Ryan, unfortunately if Watto didnt have toooo much to drink Saturday nite he would of been right to go.

So who really caught the fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose Ryan did. :074::074:

You should of asked Paul to go!!!! Well he wasnt allowed he had chores to do :074::074::074::074:

That was me :1prop: (gday Roy) I was in my mate's boat (Wakd) :1prop:

I'm not a regular to the Nepean but I've never seen so many herring in my life! Its chockers at the moment, and the amt of weed in the river....wow. We were expecting there to be more decent bass around but it ended up being a way quiet day.

For anyone thats planning on fishing there, my mini 30cm bass was caught down deep off a shoreline (with a spinnerbait), and the bridge pylons are holding a heap of tiny bass a couple feet off the surface.....

Matt

AAHhhh......

Nice to met you (again).....LoL

I am pretty sure that is the second time i have seen that boat.

The weed was heaps better on the weekend than previous weeks.

Looking to head out again this sunday - might see you??

With the bridge pylons are they the ones closer to the shoreline or any of them?

Yeah nice meeting you Roy :1prop:

All that weed, it just looked so fishy didnt it? We were pretty dissapointed that we didnt score more fish off it :(

And abt the bridge pylons, we only fished the one closer to the opposite bank from the ramp. I was chucking a spinnerbait on the deeper portion of the bridge for nothing but my mate got a couple of midgets with a shallow running hardbody.

We probably wont be fishing this weekend, auntie's flying in from overseas this weekend :(