Prawning At Sussex Inlet

cogo44

Spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights hauling in the prawns at Sussex Inlet. Easily got 4/5 kilos each night ( 2 or 3 of us with hand nets) with reasonably good sized specimens among them. Schoolies are the sweetest prawns although a test of patience and endurance in the shelling department!

60% of Sunday's catch have been frozen down and hopefully will be converted into fish before too long.

This was the best run I have seen for about 8 years or so down there.

The olds used to have a holiday joint down at sussex, damm i miss that place! Used to love prawning out of the tinnie with hand nets and a spotty, never big results but always heaps of fun.

Hope you get onto some good fish with the ones you froze for bait.

Cheers Jed.

Guest Aussie007

where abouts do u prawn around the inlet,river or basin? i was down there a month ago to many sting rays to be walking thru the shallows.....

Spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights hauling in the prawns at Sussex Inlet. Easily got 4/5 kilos each night ( 2 or 3 of us with hand nets) with reasonably good sized specimens among them. Schoolies are the sweetest prawns although a test of patience and endurance in the shelling department!

60% of Sunday's catch have been frozen down and hopefully will be converted into fish before too long.

This was the best run I have seen for about 8 years or so down there.