Hawkesbury 21/03/07

inhlanzi

G'day raiders

Went for a Jewie session early this moning.

On the way to my spot I came a cross a lot of debris in the water (as is quite usual after big rains) in amongst it was a petrol tank floating on the water. Looked in good nick so picked it up and there was still petrol in it! Thought it must have been washed down with the rain last night.

Anyway parked at Juno waitng for the tide and the Police launch pulls up and asks If I saw the boating accident earlier!!! No I said but I showed the fellows the petrol tank I found and told them about all the debris I had seen up the river. They took the tank and headed off to ask the blokes in the next boat some questions and motored back up the river.

So has anyone heard about a boating accident near Brooklyn this morning?

Got a shovelnose and a Port Jackson hour before the tide. At the top of the tide a big cut bait takes off and for a few secodns there I thought I may just be on to a big Jewie but alas as is so often the case a very large Bull Ray. Pulled him in removed the hook and away he went to torment some other poor fisho.

Lots of chopper tailor pecking the baits to pieces and the odd school of frigates tearing around after white bait.

Good to be out there again.

cheers

inhlanzi

Guest Reely

two guys in a tinny smacked straight into a Channel marker(green), cuts on their heads etc, were towed back by another boat to ramp where they were greeted by ambulance. Hope they get better.

K.

Thanks for the report, mate. After you get your new reel, I'm sure you'll be casting to those frigates! (Or perhaps not - it seems that whenever I'm not looking at my rod, I get a run!) :ranting2:

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Thanks for that Reely

Owwwwww!! Hope they are OK

Do you know whhat time it happened?

Mate they left a lot of stuff in the water!!!

Do you know if they were goin to or away from Parsley Bay?

Flattieman - yea I need a cannon for those frigates ...they move real fast and I reckon they are a bit gun shy at the moment...they seem to be in groups of 3 to 5 and surfae once or twice and then they are gone.

I hope to go shopping sometime tomorrow

cheers

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi