Bimini For Cuddy Cab

majed1965

Hi Guys,

I want to install a bimini on my 15ft Cuddy Cab. I want to provide my kids the best protection from the harsh sun and rain. I can't afford an expensive one custom made, so i am trying to find a suitable one under $350.

I have looked around the boating shops and only seem to find the one brand (Oceansouth) in the stores. A 3 bow canopy with a length of 1.82m, width of 1.5-1.7, height 1.35m for $300. Soem people tell me you can't have it up over 15 knots. Is that so? Cause if it is, its not worth having. It defeats the purpose of buying one if you can't have it up while driving.

There is a more heavy duty one from the same brand called "whitewater bimini", but the length is only 1.23m, which when installed above the windscreen, dash and the steering wheel will barely cover us while driving.

Has anyone got any recommendations of what i should buy and where and are they ok to have up above 15 knots?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Majed

I have just bought the 3 bow bimini from Bias Boating with the additional height feature. (I'm 6ft2). I have put it together, but am confused on which way it should fold.

I want to have it up over the windscreen and as far back as it will go. (it is 1.82m in length)

Ideally it should fold to the windscreen, but when folded it just about blocks the windscreen. So if i am driving with the bimini down, it will restrict my viewing. When up it is nice and high with plenty of head room once it is installed above the gunwales.

If i set it up to fold to the back of the boat, then it will hang across the boat.

Does anyone have these types of biminis on their boats and can guide me before i start drilling holes. Thanks.