Assistance With Georges River

ianoc69

I was hoping to get a PM or reply from anyone with local knowledge of the Georges River.

I am looking to hit the Georges River - land based with SP's for a handful of 5am till 8am morning sessions and was hoping that I can be pointed in the right direction.

My general thoughts were around the Milperra Bridge area but will travel to somewhere nearby that is productive.

I have heard that the M5 brodge can be fished but is this accessible by road for land based spinning.

Any advice that is of use would be greatly appreciated - the Georges River system is a new one to me.

Hey mate the Milperra road bridge can produce some nice fish. The current screams through so you should stick to the tide changes. There bream, ep's flathead and some soapies have been tacken there with the occasional bigger jewies pass by also. Both sides fish well but there is a deep on the eastern side the drops to about 35 feet from memory. Lambeth park is worth a shot also.

Good Luck.

Guest Aussie007

heard abit about pleasure point tryed there a couple of months ago to many snaggs and fast current under the walk bridge only land based fishable from heatcote rd side but u can park your car at east hills first set of lights theres a small car park on the right hand side u can walk accross the bridge to heatcote side we seen 4-5 blokes in a small boat fishing there on the drift one hooked a snag he thought he was onto a big jew :074: however that walk bridge could attract some decent jews its well lit not sure about the depth by the way if u go there (walking) keep an eye out for those huge ass spiders there every where! :lol: if u can move down river more to dolls point walf couple of months ago i caught a (measured than) 79cm dusky flat head properly measured 84cm and lost a bigger one plenty of tailor,whiting,flatties,sting rays there aswell

Guest Aussie007
The walk bridge is further upriver than Pleasure point its at Voyager point
my bad but it's only 500m away