Hawkesbury Hammerheads

Jimikin

This week the Hawkesbury Gateway has been patrolled by hundreds of juvenile Hammerhead sharks. I had many livebaits neatly bitten in two, hooked 3 and caught/released 2 at 5Kg and 7Kg. Lots of surface action as the hammerheads hit schools of bait. Also caught and released a Pike Eel of approximately 2 metres length and 15+Kg, a very odd looking fish. at first I thought I had a Hairtail but the cross section is round and it has very crocodillian teeth/jaw and an eel like tail. The only other fish around were Mullet, Yellowtail and wily Bream in the sheltered bays around the moorings.

This week the Hawkesbury Gateway has been patrolled by hundreds of juvenile Hammerhead sharks. I had many livebaits neatly bitten in two, hooked 3 and caught/released 2 at 5Kg and 7Kg. Lots of surface action as the hammerheads hit schools of bait. Also caught and released a Pike Eel of approximately 2 metres length and 15+Kg, a very odd looking fish. at first I thought I had a Hairtail but the cross section is round and it has very crocodillian teeth/jaw and an eel like tail. The only other fish around were Mullet, Yellowtail and wily Bream in the sheltered bays around the moorings.

were u night fishing?

thats all we usually get at night round juno and flint.

but come sunrise things really change then.

meant to be a mullet run real soon

jew time!!! "ave a crack lads"and post ur rewards

Caught a Pike in the Hawkesbury a number of years ago. Made a "HUGE" mistake by bringing it onboard to de-hook the monster. It near demolished the boat as we stood legs astride on the gunnel's, avoiding its vicous snapping teeth. In hindsight it was a very funny scene, however as stated above, these creatures are very strong out of the water and have vicous teeth!

Macca