Jobs

james1990

Hi guys

Time has come for me to get a job and support myself now.

I am 16, turning 17 in june

Still in school, year 11

I consider myself to be a honest person,,,,,,,,, but being a fisherman im unsure

I enjoy manuel labour ie- digging, lifting things etc and FISHING

But my let down is my maths, i am not very smart with my maths but slowely improving.

Im pretty easy to get along with.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a job that might suit me?

I could go for a job at maccas or a fast food joint like that but i don't think i would enjoy working there.

I have limited transport, in the campbelltown

I will be looking to work after school, on weekends, public and school holidays.

cheers james

Gday James

Why dont you try your local cinema?

I started being a candy bar/usher person that eventually made it's way into being a projectionist then I took

over as head projectionist for the cinema I work at which is a full time job now

You will find they are pretty flexible with shifts because most of the staff are at school and as a bonus you get complemntry tickets for whatever cinema you work in pay rate is pretty good and you would work with people around the same age as yourself

Just my idea anyway let us know how you go

Cheers

Coollamon

I looked into that, i have a freind michal assistant manager at greater union there are that many people that have jobs there now and the shifts are getting down to 1-2 hours a week each person.

I guess thats better than no shifts.

cheers james

Why dont you try your local cinema?

I started being a candy bar/usher person that eventually made it's way into being a projectionist then I took

over as head projectionist for the cinema I work at which is a full time job now

You will find they are pretty flexible with shifts because most of the staff are at school and as a bonus you get complemntry tickets for whatever cinema you work in pay rate is pretty good and you would work with people around the same age as yourself

Im thinking of leaving my present job and want to work in another, i know that all places vary but did you find that the majority of you work at the cinema was on weekends?

Edited by RPL

Dude now is the time to be thinking far ahead what your enjoyments are and how you can fit that into work your best bet would be to get a tertiary education mangement rolls are always fun i left it a bit late but im completing a diploma in Network Administration IT (computer Administrator) and im 28 this year if i had knuckled down and got that out of the way when i was your age id be cleaning up by now cause in that line of work you can earn over $100 000 a year with the right company.

Maccas and the cinimas is good for light cash possibly for your first car and or boat and for keeping the oldies off ya back.

I suggest really thinking about what you could do and enjoy. Manual labour jobs are good but ask any 30 odd year old thats done that for a while and you will be hard pressed to find one that doesnt have some sort of injury that causes them daily pain as a result.

Your young think about the future and act on it dont put it off.

The choice is yours

Oh and dont look at the negative like not being that good at maths look at your possitives and expand on that. When i was 16 my maths wasnt that good either and its still not but i get by. Anyway thats what calculators are for.

Edited by K1ngf1sher

ohh don't worry about maths.. Thats what calculators are for :1prop:

I am completely hopeless at maths and I work retail!... ..Your only 17 mate, many choices to have before you settle down and still then you will think of different opportunities.

In just over a year, I have saved up over $10G... I think thats pretty decent as I just left school two years ago and spend ALOT on things I never use!.. Whatever you decide mate, think yaself lucky your still living at home. Save as much as you can, and that barcrusher will come:)

cheers,

pete.

Im thinking of leaving my present job and want to work in another, i know that all places vary but did you find that the majority of you work at the cinema was on weekends?

I think the critera is that you be available at least 1 weekend night i.e friday or saturday night and two other shifts through the week most shifts start at 4:00 -5:00 and end between 9:30pm and 12:00am

but this may vary from cinema to cinema as I said it's a good place to work if you are interested in movies

cheers

Coollamon

Edited by coollamon

Guest dicko1

mate dont even worry about maths! When I was school I got 7% on my trial HSC! Thats super pathetic I know, but now im doing a finance major at uni and I still cant understand a thing they are talking about but am getting by as even the maths subjects have some normal work in them that I can understand! As for a job, you want the highest pay at he moment rather than carreer choices... Try your local RSL, they pay heaps well!!!

good luck

Dicko

mate dont even worry about maths! When I was school I got 7% on my trial HSC! Thats super pathetic I know, but now im doing a finance major at uni

thats actually quite true, some ppl think that the HSC is the most important thing in the world and will make or break you sorta thing. there are other better options after HSC. i didnt do well in HSC, enrolled in tafe for a 1 year part time course, then used that paper to get into uni.

Edited by Davy

Work in setting up a school tuck shop.... I used to by cans at+_+_) and sell them for 80 cents each, made a killing, $200 a week for being at school was pretty awesome let me tell you!

I could try that, but then i'd have the food critics on my back for selling crap to other kids.

cheers james

Have you thought about shelf-stacking at the local supermarket?

Is there a local hospital or nursing home that needs porters or wardsmen?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Neil

Mrs Stumpy is a crew trainer at Maccas, and there are many places a kid can go under their umbrella.

The new GM of Maccas started flipping burgers as a kid

( His pay role is probably your telephone number!)

If you want to chat , PM her and she may be able to help.

James,

Your a perfect candidate for doing an apprenticeship. There are a number of trades that would suit your interest in manual labour ( building, carpentry, metal fabrication etc ), and a good tradesman will always earn a good living.

Cheers