Breamin The Tweed

hello fellow anglers

on a recent family trip to the tweed river i took my one man kayak and my light spin stick(stradic 1000, 4lb fireline and Tcurve 2-5 kilo) and was soon battling the current and waves at the mouth of the river to get to a great little backwater packing with lure munching bream, flatties and whiting. succes was slow as it was the first time i had fished this part but as i was trolling up the strecth with a small rebel in tow i hooked and landed a very nice bream( which was released because i mainly catch and release) i then stopped in a small bay and caught a little flattie on the rebel. i then opted for a small popper (river 2 sea bubble pop 45) i was working this along the banks but could only produce follows so i tried working the little popper a little more like a trevally lure and sure enough every bream in the vacinity was racing to tackle my little popper. i caught incredible amount of bream on surface but also lost quiet a few.i even found a bream that was willing to hit my popper at least 7 times. i lost count after a while, so i recommend this great little lure for anyone wanting to give bream poppering a go

cya

Nice session there mate. The Bream up here are an aggressive lot! :biggrin2:

Were you in Kerosene Lake? If so you can access it via Fingal Head instead of going through the mouth. That could be a hairy ride! :1yikes:

Cheers,

Grant.

hello fellow anglers

on a recent family trip to the tweed river i took my one man kayak and my light spin stick(stradic 1000, 4lb fireline and Tcurve 2-5 kilo) and was soon battling the current and waves at the mouth of the river to get to a great little backwater packing with lure munching bream, flatties and whiting. succes was slow as it was the first time i had fished this part but as i was trolling up the strecth with a small rebel in tow i hooked and landed a very nice bream( which was released because i mainly catch and release) i then stopped in a small bay and caught a little flattie on the rebel. i then opted for a small popper (river 2 sea bubble pop 45) i was working this along the banks but could only produce follows so i tried working the little popper a little more like a trevally lure and sure enough every bream in the vacinity was racing to tackle my little popper. i caught incredible amount of bream on surface but also lost quiet a few.i even found a bream that was willing to hit my popper at least 7 times. i lost count after a while, so i recommend this great little lure for anyone wanting to give bream poppering a go

cya

Hi, I have been trying to get bream on an eco gear popper with a tail and had no luck at all

have tried some little sure catch poppers as well no good either (must be me)

what do you mean (working the little popper a little more like a trevally lure)

any tips will be appreciated i normally work the sand flats and have good sessions on SP and SX 40/48's

cheers

hey there

well when i was working my popper i couldn't get any bream to hit it while using pauses and little bloops. so i tried some hard rod stabs that really made the lure push some water and the bream just went crazy over it. also try a long leader and really long casts. and you dont even need small lures, my mates and i catch bream on zara puppies and there a big walk the dog style lure. hope i helped

happy fishing