Jewfish, Land Based & Sp's

Kjd

'day guys!

I've never caught a Jewie before in my life. I would really like to catch one but have no idea. I would love to catch one on SP's!!

So if anyone could let me know of some spots and what time is best to fish it would be very much appreciated!

I would be land based unfortunately!

I fish down Wollongong/lake illawarra and go down as far as Kiama

Cheers,

Keith.

Mate theres heaps of spots you could try down that way. Find a bridge that has lights that attract baitfish.

One with structure that is affected by tidal flow. Fish a few hours either side of the tide. I work my lures along the shadow line but often they will be caught directly under a bridge or further out.

The water doesnt need to be deep especially at night, as long as theres something for the jewies to eat theres a good chance they will be there. My prefered lures are 100-150mm squigie drop bears and 5 inch berkley jerk baits matched with jig heads to keep them in the strike zone for as long as possible.

Most of your hits will come on the drop I strike immediatly as they tend to spit lures pretty quickly.

Say your prayers to the Almighty Jewie gods and promiss them you will throw your first one back and they will smile on you during future fishing trips. (Thats the idea anyway :wacko: )

Good Luck