Lake Illawarra 2/4/07

Fink

Hi all, new to Fishraider Forums, thought I'd make myself known.

Got out to the Lake Illawarra channel this morning, around 10:30. I'd just splurged on some soft plastics the day before at the expo hosted at Dean's in Windang. Typical, all the whiz-bang gear I blew my money on wasn't worth a bean, but I persisted with it until a bit after noon. No dice, guess it wasn't the day for SP's. I've just returned to fishing after who-knows-how-long, used to go with my dad all the time as a kid, so I was kind of feeling my way.

A few folks either side of me were doing okay on bait, so I downed tools for lunch & reconsidered my options. I came back to basics and started using prawns on bream hooks, landed three snapper, one undersized snapper and one tiny blacky. Sent the little'uns back and bagged the three snapper for tomorrow night's dinner. Managed to wind it up at 2:30pm, just in time to get home & hosed before the family arrived back.

Longish session for three fish, given the amount of action there, but I bagged enough for a decent meal for myself, wife & son so all's good. It was great to get back into fishing, the bug has bit me again, and it was great to find my groove on my first outing.

Cheers. :thumbup:

Edited by Fink

Yup, Wollongong lad here.

I think the old saying "out of sight, out of mind" rings true. I've been living in Figtree for 12 years, not a though about wetting a line. Now we're boxing up our lives and moving down by the lake, suddenly I'm all about fishing again! :1fishing1: Not that we're next to a great spot, but all that water just beckons.

Thanks for the welcome's :biggrin2: