Fisheries Stickers

james1990

Hi guys

How often do you update you max bag and size length stickers on your boat?

I updated mine last week and have found that some of the size and bag limits have changed.

I never used 2 update my stickers but decided to update to avoid a fine if i got caught.

cheers james

Is there any need for anyone to have 20 bream?? Like honestly it seems just greedy for someone to bag out and take 20 legal sized ones home... Same goes with any number above 5 IMO!

Is there any need for anyone to have 20 bream?? Like honestly it seems just greedy for someone to bag out and take 20 legal sized ones home... Same goes with any number above 5 IMO!

That's the law. It doesn't say you HAVE to take 20 bream, but is the maximum limit.

Some people have large families to feed and after careful research by fisheries, that's the figure they came up with.

I think you'll find most fishos wouldn't take the whole 20 bream in one session anyway and release the majority and only keep enough for a feed..

Fisheries have to put bag limits on fish to help sustain the species and if that's what they have figured as being sustainable, then that's what it is.

Cheers,

Pete.

If you went out for a fish and bagged out

and you knew you where not going fishing for 2months etc

thats 5 fish every 2 weeks over 2 months

So this rule helps to accommodate everyone and the species

not everyone can fish every week