Hawkesbury

MGibbo

Took #1 son out today for a fish, since hubby and #2 son weren't feeling very well - #3 son stayed to keep them company - so it was an easy day with just the two of us to go where we pleased on the Hawkesbury. :thumbup:

First stop was Juno where my son Nick enjoyed catching his first squid, unfortunately we missed the second one that followed it up but it was good to use the net for a change as we weren't using squid jigs. We also visited and drifted near flint & steel, railway bridges then one of my favourite's being Bar Pt, however, we only managed an undersized bream in 5 hours of fishing. :1fishing1:

All up it was a very quiet day fish wise, however, it was nice to enjoy some one on one time together. My son almost 12 was in a really good mood all day and asked whether I'd like to join him at the pub when he turns 18 - wonder if he will still hold that thought when the time comes? I showed Nick how to cook his squid when we got home - check pic out. :biggrin2:

Cheers Marg

Nice one Gibbo,the picture of your son with that cheesy grin looks almost like the pic of me at Juno with my Jew fish! Did we have a wild fling many years ago or is he just naturally good looking aswell :074::074:

He sure looks happy, great to have soon time with the kids and fishing is the best way to spend that time fish or not, better luck next time

Thanks Whitecaps - yeh I agree, especially when the day was so beautiful yesterday.

Nice one Gibbo,the picture of your son with that cheesy grin looks almost like the pic of me at Juno with my Jew fish! Did we have a wild fling many years ago or is he just naturally good looking aswell :074::074:

Not this old fashion girl and remember Mrs Stumpy is now a Fishraider! I think you both are just naturally cheesy :biggrin2:

Hi MGibbo

what time was you at flinten & steel i was there most of the day

cheers robert [ quinfish ] :thumbup:

Hi Robert - we were probably there around 1ish - saw a few boats throwing out burley and the seagulls going off - there was one big boat and lots of fishing boats out there - I'm assuming you were one of them. As this was my first time out that far I didn't anchor and as we were drifting back in quite quickly due to the run in, that's where I caught my undersized bream. Did you have any luck? It was so quiet and I'm not sure if it's because we were only using chicken gut and didn't want to use my son's squid since he was keen to eat it. I really wanted my son to catch a huge anything. Did you notice the fishing trawler cruising the joint opposite Juno - wondered whether they were netting the fish before we could get them. :( Cheers Marg

Hi MGiddo

I took home 2 keepers one was a bream and a squire and aanchor fish with a 1.5 mtr tail

I have my boat in the members boats on page 11 if you would like to see it it is a 4.2 quintrex getaway

cheers robert :beersmile::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats - any pics, love the see the anchor fish with a 1.5mtr tail? I checked out your boat and it looks very familiar - how many people were with you yesterday? There was one similar as well at Juno with 3 guys on board. I've also posted my boat but think I put it in the wrong section under boating rather than member's boats - can anyone transfer it to the right spot? Sorry.