Upper Hawkesbury Wild Stream Bass

Hi Raiders.

Doing some Bass exploring in the upper reaches (non tidal) zone. these are the types of places you can only reach after a hard slog though the thick vegetation. But once you get you are in for a treat as the Bass are quite willing to smash surface lures all day long :thumbup::yahoo:

This is my favourite pool and full of feisty little Bass 20-30cm.

post-2475-1176242500_thumb.jpg

As i am new to this Bass game i tried a few different lures but mostly had sucess on shallow divers (SX40, Scorpion 35) and surface lures (Bats, Buggie pops). The good thing about floating divers is often you can draw a surface strike by just twitching them on the top :biggrin2:

After landing 7 fish from the first pool I tied on a Kokoda bat hopping to lure a larger specimen.

Twitch, twitch, smash!! this guy gave me plenty of curry on my 2kg fluro but eventually got him to pose for a few pics before letting him go :biggrin2: he went just under 30cm

post-2475-1176242485_thumb.jpg

Tied on my new scorpion and came up tight on my first cast :thumbup:

Eventually after catching three fish it was sacrificed to the tree gods :074:

Thought i would give the SX40 (302) a go and it just brained them!!

post-2475-1176242529_thumb.jpg

Finally back to the buggie pop and a typical splashy take near the weed beds, he ,he

post-2475-1176242518_thumb.jpg

This Bassing is getting adictive :biggrin2:

BM

Sounds like a top session there BM, :thumbup:

I have been bitten by the Bass Bug also and really enjoy the scenery where I have been fishing for them.