Como Sp & Hb Session

pmak

Stopped by at Como (Scylla Bay) on the way home after a fruitless session at Bundeena/Warumbul last Saturday. Had stopped by before to check the place out and looked promising. The tide was high when I got there at 12ish. Had at most 1 hour to try the place out. Worked the bank next to the boat ramp and wharf with Gulp 2" grubs first. Got some bites and had the tail bitten off. Switched to half a Camo worm next and cast mainly into a drainage channel that was slowly filling with water and was rewarded with 2 tiny bream - nothing to brag about but good fun practising and refining my SP techniques.

post-3388-1176288430_thumb.jpg

Switched to a small HB next - forgot the brand but is sort of an SX40 clone type. I am new to HB fishing but have read reports here on how successful they can be so I thought I'd give it a go with cheapo ones first. Was not long after I hooked on to a 40cm flattie in what must have been only 30cm of water.

post-3388-1176288686_thumb.jpg

It started raining soon after so I had to call it quits. Plenty more shoreline to explore next time. Might try near the baths next time .... Might look into getting more hardbodied lures next time too.

I used to catch plenty of mullet around the wharf next to the boat launch at como about 10 years ago, but I went there a few time last year and didn't see a single mullet. Have they died out along that stretch of the George's River? or have I just got there at the wrong time?