Late Night Fish

MGibbo

The conditions weren't exactly perfect RE: tide, moon and occasional light shower, but the fishing desire was huge and considering it was school holidays, I took my son and his mate (two 11year olds) out for a late night fish from 10pm - 1am. Unfortunately the only bite was small whiting which I threw back.

It was so dark - put the boat in at Mooney Mooney with only one light over the ramp leaving the carpark pitch black. Boys in blue did a few sweeps whilst we were there. Too dark to venture far, so we hung around Brooklyn Bridge.

Only mishap was when my son's mate cast his rod which resulted in the reel coming off into the water and sinking (not sure why - maybe he fiddled with the attachment that secures it to the rod), but he didn't tell me for about the first 2 minutes. Amazingly I retrieved the reel but had to remove all the fishing line to get to it. Got a nice bird's nest waiting to be unraveled.

Around 1am the boys wanted to call it quits - I should have got them to bed early and headed out at 2am - we live and learn. The boys enjoyed the experience anyway. Cheers Marg

I wish my mum had taken me fishing more when I was a kid.

I am sure they would have enjoyed the late night experience out on the water anyway.

Better luck next time

Arch.

Thanks Arch - the boys did have a great time then came home to sleep in a tent in our backyard at 1.30am. My son's mate has never fished past 5pm so he was very excited regardless of the result.

:05: At least you got it back. Didn't know about this trip was looking for the report on you and Nick while Steve cleaned the car. JO

Hey Jo - typical spur of the moment - you know how it is.

Trust me im no expert...! but your fishing at night on a new moon ....an just a sugestion,but i find a full moon is far better for night fishing 5 to 1, especaily with live bait ....! an fishing in the day is far better on the new moon period...! 3 to 5 days either side is a fair rule.... by just checking your calender an moon phases youd be suprised how much this helps....

Trust me im no expert...! but your fishing at night on a new moon ....an just a sugestion,but i find a full moon is far better for night fishing 5 to 1, especaily with live bait ....! an fishing in the day is far better on the new moon period...! 3 to 5 days either side is a fair rule.... by just checking your calender an moon phases youd be suprised how much this helps....

Does that mean it's going to be good fishing tomorrow........coool!!! :thumbup: