Botany Bay The Close Fad

james1990

Hi guys

Decided to fish the fads off botany bay today 14/5/07.

Picked DOMZA up at 4.45am and was on the water by 6am

First stop was mol point to get a few livies, in about 20 mins we had filled the tank with about 10-12 yakkas.

Straight to the close fad armed with a variety of live and dead baits, arrived to find sammy0084, Crazedfisherdude in sams rig and wildfish in his rig already fishing.

First to baits in the water produced a small dollie to me about 45cm long and my first dollie iv landed and domza took a 77cm dollie on a live yakka, not a bad dollie, and it was his first dollie just to top it off, over the next few hours we landed 8 dollies ranging from 45cm-65cm.

I started to feel abit sick in the belly so i lay down on the deck and slowely started 2 doze off,,, suddenly i was woken by a small bang, i looked up to see if anyone had landed a fish then a peice of pillie landed on my lap, i stood up and looked out the front of the boat to find sam throwing peices of pillies at me.

At about 11.45 the action stopped so we made a move to the peak where we lasted about 30mins.

Back at the ramp for 1pm shared a few stories, pics, videos then headed home.

It was a top day, good to see the dallies are showing up, better late than never.

Cherries popped= Dad, myself and domza all got our first dollies.

Dom walked away with the bigest fish of the day.

cheers james

My first dollie

post-2250-1176545246_thumb.jpg

Doms first dollie 77cm

post-2250-1176545417_thumb.jpg

Sam and chris double hookup

post-2250-1176545473_thumb.jpg

post-2250-1176545558_thumb.jpg

post-2250-1176545663_thumb.jpg

post-2250-1176545821_thumb.jpg

Id also like to give a shout out to sam and chris for sharing some very usefull info with me, thanks guys.

Edited by james1990

wohooooooo my first dollie and what a beast at 77cm.

It was a mini fishraider social out there, good to see so many raiders out there.

added a few photo's from my camera phone (bad quality)

cougar craft beast in action

1404071235we9.jpg

1404071236rd8.jpg

1404071237ll2.jpg

Sams BlueFin flying through the ocean

1404071239eo4.jpg

our catch

1404071350vx8.jpg

Edited by crazedfisherdude

Guys did anyone see the big blue hardtop 7 meter #####er with the 175 honda??? well i just found out that was RZEE, there was 5 raiders fishing the close fad at the same time :1prop:

It's the boat right in behind my bushy red hair in the pic with me holding my dollie.

cheers james

Edited by james1990

Guys did anyone see the big blue hardtop 7 meter #####er with the 175 honda??? well i just found out that was RZEE, there was 5 raiders fishing the close fad at the same time :1prop:

It's the boat right in behind my bushy red hair in the pic with me holding my dollie.

cheers james

thats sport fisher.... must be an auto edit for some reason..

next time i'll know who's who and we'll have a big party :P

see you out there tomorrow who ever's fishing!

tony