What's Happnin At Narrabeen?

catchnrelease

Any info on what's around the lakes and what the fish are taking. I remember some old posts about whitebait being good on the flatties. I plan to fish the flats in front of the caravan park at the entrace of the lake. Targetting flatties and bream. :1fishing1:

Last time I was there in November the flatties were asleep and the bream were stubborn. :ranting2:

Cheers,

cnr

:biggrin2:

Any info on what's around the lakes and what the fish are taking. I remember some old posts about whitebait being good on the flatties. I plan to fish the flats in front of the caravan park at the entrace of the lake. Targetting flatties and bream. :1fishing1:

Last time I was there in November the flatties were asleep and the bream were stubborn. :ranting2:

Cheers,

cnr

:biggrin2:

Yes, the old whitebait is still working on the flatties, but not as well as it was early summer.

Are you going to be landbased or boat?

If landbased, I suggest you go for a wade out from the southern side across the flats to the edge of the channel and fish there...don't forget to wear some shoes as there are a lot of broken oyster shells in the sand there which will make your feet like hamburger meat.

Alternatively, you can wade out from the caravan park side just west of the boat ramp and cast into the channel from there...always flatties cruising by and the odd larger bream...loads of small ones too to annoy you.

The lake is also full of juvenile tailor at the moment which are like pirhranna and will jump on your bait before you can blink.

The flats themselves haven't produced much in the way of flatties for me..although I haven't been for a few weeks now...might be worth a try now.

Up the back of the lake might prove better with the recent rains with fresh running into the lake carrying lots of easy food for flatties...try any drop offs near the creek entrances where they lie in wait for an easy feed.

Good luck and good fishing,

Cheers,

Pete.

Yes, the old whitebait is still working on the flatties, but not as well as it was early summer.

Are you going to be landbased or boat?

If landbased, I suggest you go for a wade out from the southern side across the flats to the edge of the channel and fish there...don't forget to wear some shoes as there are a lot of broken oyster shells in the sand there which will make your feet like hamburger meat.

Alternatively, you can wade out from the caravan park side just west of the boat ramp and cast into the channel from there...always flatties cruising by and the odd larger bream...loads of small ones too to annoy you.

The lake is also full of juvenile tailor at the moment which are like pirhranna and will jump on your bait before you can blink.

The flats themselves haven't produced much in the way of flatties for me..although I haven't been for a few weeks now...might be worth a try now.

Up the back of the lake might prove better with the recent rains with fresh running into the lake carrying lots of easy food for flatties...try any drop offs near the creek entrances where they lie in wait for an easy feed.

Good luck and good fishing,

Cheers,

Pete.

Thanx heaps. Are SP's producing any flatties? Is all that on the western side of the bridge? So basically wade out on the flats until you hit the channels. How deep are they on a 1m high tide? That'll help me as I plan to float some baits. :1fishing1:

Land based BTW. :thumbdown:

Thanx heaps. Are SP's producing any flatties? Is all that on the western side of the bridge? So basically wade out on the flats until you hit the channels. How deep are they on a 1m high tide? That'll help me as I plan to float some baits. :1fishing1:

Land based BTW. :thumbdown:

The water is only mid thigh deep at high tide right on the edge of the channel, so quite comfortable..beware of stingrays scooting across the flats thought...I saw 3 yesterday...didn't worry me though as they just cruised by and into the channel.

Yes..all on the western side of the ocean st bridge...the other side doesn't seem to produce much at all.

I'm a bait fella so no help on the SP side of things but other use 'em well there.

Make sure you wear something on your feet while wading out as those broken oyster shells are like razors.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

Pete.

The water is only mid thigh deep at high tide right on the edge of the channel, so quite comfortable..beware of stingrays scooting across the flats thought...I saw 3 yesterday...didn't worry me though as they just cruised by and into the channel.

Yes..all on the western side of the ocean st bridge...the other side doesn't seem to produce much at all.

I'm a bait fella so no help on the SP side of things but other use 'em well there.

Make sure you wear something on your feet while wading out as those broken oyster shells are like razors.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

Pete.

Thanx for the heads up with the stingrays. I wear crocs whenever I wade. Sorry for the misleading question though, I was talking about how deep the channels themselves were, not the flats. My bad. :(:wacko: I like to float baits about 10-30cm above the bottom for flatties, more natural an appearance.

Thanx for the heads up with the stingrays. I wear crocs whenever I wade. Sorry for the misleading question though, I was talking about how deep the channels themselves were, not the flats. My bad. :(:wacko: I like to float baits about 10-30cm above the bottom for flatties, more natural an appearance.

Oh, OK...the channel is about 3-4 metres deep just in front of the boat ramp...not that deep at all.

It shallows out pretty quick down towards the caravan park where you can almost walk across it.

Up towards Pittwater road, the channel narrows considerably again with a few dropoffs you can access from the banks.

The lake is silting up quickly now and the entrance is very shallow with the sand banks they dredged this year back bigger than ever...another nice waste of taxpayers $$

Good idea with the float method just off the bottom as i suspect it would produce plenty of lizards.

Cheers,

Pete. ( I also wear Crocs when wading)