Hawkesbury 14/04/2007

kw367

Looks like all the reports this week are about the "fad of chasing Broken Dollies offshore in the Bay", or something like that, but I thought I'd bore everyone with my tale of the Hawkesbury (again).

Well after getting my a@#e kicked in the fishing department by #1 son PJ last weekend, decided to get out Saturday to try & level the score. So woke PJ up at 4.30am PJ time (=6.30am normal time!) and headed to Berowra Ramp. Motoring up Berowra Creek & the fog had me thinking of THAT Deep Purple song.

Went to the scene of last weeks crime at a once again popular Bar Point, but the action was too slow for PJ (no fish in the first 5 minutes). So we moved to a very flat and also popular Juno Point for a similar story, although we only tried drifting and didn't anchor. What do other Raider's who fish there think, would I have been better to have anchored? It was about two hours before low tide.

So we moved to my favourite nursery in Cowan Creek, where a finicky bite saw me hooking the (small) fish, then suddenly developing arm fatigue & having to hand the rod to PJ to land them! So at the end of the day, he ended up catching ..er, make that landing more fish than me again. Lots of small squire, a couple of Tarwhine and a Flounder (caught by me, and called correctly before seeing it, Rex Hunt style! :biggrin2: ).

So nothing to write home about, but still a GREAT time of year to be out on the water. Managed to meet MGibbo & family back at the ramp, who were heading out to camp overnight. Nice to meet you guys! Hope you got some! :thumbup:

Mate, nice report to add to your others which I still remember!

Now, don't go worrying yourself about my story with the FAD's cause even though I looked really tough out there going off at the fisheries, I may not have set the GPS correctly !!!! :tease::wacko::thumbdown::thumbdown:

(Go and tell PJ to shut up cause I can almost hear him now laughing his head off!)

Fella, your a true fishraider, cause those that fish together,, stay together! (My Uncle said that at my wedding!)

Now , sorry you met Gibbo and Family before any other Raider family........ we are not all that bad :074:

See you on the water, Cheers!

Now , sorry you met Gibbo and Family before any other Raider family........ we are not all that bad :074:

It's Ok, PJ's out of therapy and doing fine now! :074:

Actually Mgibbo spoilt a good story by showing up after I'd met Hubby and kids. I thought hubby & kids must have been going out without her. I was going to add a post, telling her I'd met hubby and kids, but who was the lady friend with Hubby :074::074:

Now I must step in here. Nice to meet you Ken and Patrick (alias PJ) - it's so lovely to see you sharing special quality time with your son whilst enjoying such a great obsession. You should come along to the Fishraider Social Event at the Entrance (28-29 April).

Will post a report re: Hawkesbury RiverCamp.

Now as for fellow Raider Stumpy - don't take him too seriously ... I don't!!! :tease:

I look forward to reading your future reports - nice to put a face to the name.

Cheers Marg

P.S. I doubt my hubby would be out without me - he wouldn't dare!

Now as for fellow Raider Stumpy - don't take him too seriously ... I don't!!! :tease:

He's a very funny man Marg! My suggestion is, if he gives you any grief, just hit him with a bass (pronounced base in this situation) player joke. Here's one for starters:

Q: What do you throw a drowning bass player?

A: His amplifier!

Oh please, do tell! :Funny-Post:

Oh all right, twisted my arm, how about these!:

Q: How do you know when a girl singer is at your door?

A: because she can't find the key and doesn't know when to come in!

Q: How do you tell if the stage is level?

A: The drummer drools out of BOTH sides of his mouth!

So you met Marg, life will neve be the same. Have emailed you how to do "Marg thingy" with the photo's as noticed she was off line. Love reading about you and your kid. JO

Thanks for the PM Jo! :thumbup: I enjoy nothing more than time with the family, especially on the water. How do you top those questions from a 5 year old like PJ: "Do fish drink?" :1prop::tease: Me:"Go & look it up on Bigpond PJ"! :thumbup:

Obviously fish do drink , how many times have you heard someone say " He/She drinks like a fish!".

The prosecution rests.....

Ross

Thanks for that Flightmanager, next time he asks I'll say "Fish drink like fish! :074:

Thanks for the PM Jo! :thumbup: I enjoy nothing more than time with the family, especially on the water. How do you top those questions from a 5 year old like PJ: "Do fish drink?" :1prop::tease: Me:"Go & look it up on Bigpond PJ"! :thumbup:

I am lucky that I can plead ignorance when it come to questions about fishing. I always say "Ask you father" You better watch him on the net, who knows he may find ebay and start puchasing fishing gear. How did you go with the "marg thingy" for your pictures.

I am lucky that I can plead ignorance when it come to questions about fishing. I always say "Ask you father" You better watch him on the net, who knows he may find ebay and start puchasing fishing gear. How did you go with the "marg thingy" for your pictures.

Thanks for the Email Jo. I don't have Powerpoint, but that's OK. I was asking out of curiosity more than anything. No worries about PJ getting on the computer and finding Ebay, he wouldn't get time, what with me on Fishraider and MUM on ebay! :074: