Braid Knot Strength

Markwi

Thanks for the link, I actually remember reading that article in the mag but haven't been offshore or fishing for anything of size recently so I haven't had the chance to try the 12 turn bimini.

Had a trip organised a couple of weeks ago to the Hawkesbury and was going to give it a go with some large tailor strip baits but my neighbour (who organised the trip) got on the :beersmile: and after 45 minutes banging on his door at 4 in the morning I decided to call it quits and went back to bed.

Look forward to seeing if anyone uses the 12 turn and yucatan.

Cheers

Evil

Thanks for the link, I actually remember reading that article in the mag but haven't been offshore or fishing for anything of size recently so I haven't had the chance to try the 12 turn bimini.

Had a trip organised a couple of weeks ago to the Hawkesbury and was going to give it a go with some large tailor strip baits but my neighbour (who organised the trip) got on the :beersmile: and after 45 minutes banging on his door at 4 in the morning I decided to call it quits and went back to bed.

Look forward to seeing if anyone uses the 12 turn and yucatan.

Cheers

Evil

How heavy is the line you're using mate?

I always do the 40 turn Bimini with about 60cm of double, nothing will outpower that knot

IFS

How heavy is the line you're using mate?

I always do the 40 turn Bimini with about 60cm of double, nothing will outpower that knot

IFS

Have the Spheros 14000 loaded with 50lb braid, and a solid Banax baitrunner with 30lb braid. I know most people tie Bimini's with more twists but I'm game to try the 12 turn on the basis of the article.

Cheer

Evil

Thanks Stewy, will have a look at trying the plait as well, took me about an hour and a half (lots of swearing and bashing inanimate objects) to get the hang of the 12 turn Bimini and still stuff it up from time to time.

Cheers

Evil

Stewy, have you got anymore info on this knot and how it is done? I have been using the albright, but it is not very reliable, so looking for something stronger?

Here's the plait, use the step by step function to get a better picture how to tie

http://www.marinews.com/Plaiting-a-Double-427.php

how do u tie the yucatan knot??

ive never heard of this

Here's the Yucatan

http://www.leadertec.com/tipsandtechniques...ts_yucatan.html