Hen & Chicken Bay

Guest rzep

As it turned out I had a couple of spare hours this morning before I had to head of to my works family day.

So I asked Mitchell if he wanted to go down and have a fish and he immediately said yeah.

The tide was looking good for a session down at Hen & Chicken Bay so after doing the house chores I packed our gear and off we go down to the M4 car park. :1badmood:

After almost an hour to get there we didn’t have a lot of time left to fish as it was now 9:00am and I had to be home by 11:00 which meant I would have to leave there by 10:20 at the very latest.

A quick stop and we got some prawns for Mitchell to fish with and we were set to go. I was fishing with lures as per usual and I had a couple of new ones to try out that I got this week. :biggrin2:

I quickly rigged up Mitchell’s outfit and let him go for it. As some of you know I have taught him how to cast so all I have to do for him is bait his hook which he is slowly getting the hang of. :thumbup:

I was fishing hard bodied lures today and I put on one of my new lures and after a couple of casts I was beginning to loose confidence in this lure. Something just didn’t feel right with it so I pulled it off and stuck on another newbie.

This one felt the goods straight away and on the second cast I felt the familiar hit from a bream. Once I knew it was well hooked I called Mitchell over and let him pull it in.

It was a good size and although I didn’t measure it I would say it would have been about 27cm. After a quick photo Mitchell quickly released it with a huge smile on his face.

I only had my mobile phone with me so the quality of the photo isn’t the best but just look at his smile.

post-963-1176873089_thumb.jpg

After this I proceeded to keep working the same area and I was quickly on to another bream. Once again I called Mitchell over to do the honors and he placed his rod down on the grass at the top of the beach and quickly pulled in a bream of about 20cm. I realized that I didn’t have my pliers on me and I asked Mitchell to go to our bag and get them and as I look up I notice Mitchell’s rod which he had placed down on the grass jump up and being ripped towards the water at an alarming pace. :074::074:

I had to run about 5 meters and then made a dive to catch the rod just as it was entering the water. I struck the rod and came up tight on the fish only for it to bust me off about 2 seconds later.

It is only a cheap combo that I have got for Mitchell to use whilst he is still learning but I didn’t want to have to replace it.

Once this was sorted out I removed the hooks from the bream which was still up on the bank and once again Mitchell promptly released it back into the water. Due to what had just transpired I decided not to take another photo as I thought it best to get it straight back in the water.

After this I re-rigged Mitchell’s outfit and he was back to it again.

I continued to work the shoreline but unfortunately my time was up and it was time to pack up and head home.

The lure that did the damage today is called a Yarrawonga Yabby 4. I think this lure is going to get plenty more action in my next few outings.

All in all it was a good hour or so of fishing and Mitchell really enjoyed himself and he is already asking when can we go back. :yahoo:

Thanks fellows.

All the way home he was asking me to take him straight back.

Needless to say it won't be long and we will be back down there. :thumbup:

Next time I may take the digital camera with me.

Thats the way Paul ,you are becoming a dab hand at bream spinning which is great to see and it wont be long before Mitchell does away with the prawns as well and joins Dad in a spin session together :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Yeah I am already introducing Mitchell to lures and I don't think that it will be all that long till he starts nailing some bream himself.

Great report Paul, Where was Peita, how come she wasnt fishing

Claudia,

Unfortuanately Peita was at work and couldn't make it. :(