Dee Why

slavco261267

Hi to all. I finally worked out how to lon on properly after a month of trying !

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips, in regards to Dee Why Beach. I am a local there but have had no success as yet ( only been trying in the last month ) ?

Glad to be on board !

Hi to all. I finally worked out how to lon on properly after a month of trying !

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips, in regards to Dee Why Beach. I am a local there but have had no success as yet ( only been trying in the last month ) ?

Glad to be on board !

And now I have realised that I have placed this in the wrong section ! Old age is catching me quick.......

It depends what you are looking for. I have caught a HUGE Salmon off there and have also seen JEws ect. landed.

Jewies generally prefer deeper, longer gutters, where as salmon will hang where the bait is lying. Therefore, a good deep gutter (where there is blue water) will generally produce something. The bait that I have seen a very good expert use is pillies from the tackle stores. PM me if you want the guys name. The same man also used yakka's for jewfish (live).

The yakka's were hooked with a live bait hook. The pillies were on gang-hooks.

Of course common you will also get bycatch, however if you bring your pillie in and see its gut hanging out it is generally a bream, which is in the right spot!

Happy fishin,

Henners

Guest Reely

Sharks,Tailor Whiting Jews and Bream can all be caught there. Next time you go down there for a fish, PM and i will meet you there if possible, i live in DY to. I dont have any rods here but would be keen to help out if anything. Im no expert but have caught my fair share of fish.

Sharks,Tailor Whiting Jews and Bream can all be caught there. Next time you go down there for a fish, PM and i will meet you there if possible, i live in DY to. I dont have any rods here but would be keen to help out if anything. Im no expert but have caught my fair share of fish.

Thanks guys !

I am trying to get out there on Monday afternoon / evening if all goes well.