Belated Report

catch this

Hey all,

apologies for the lateness of this report, I had to wait a while before I could actually register what happened to me on Easter Monday.

Went to Barrenjoey with 2 cousins and hired a dinghy to celebrate easter. Had a great day on the water, cruising different spots on the shore opposite the boathire shed. Picked up my PB bream at 36 cm and weighed at just under a kilo and got VERY excited, used 8LB line and a new cheap and light shimano combo. I thought fishing couldnt get any better after I landed that Bream, and thats what I was saying to my sister on the phone when my rod buckled about 10 minutes later. I dropped the phone and felt this run go on for a bit longer. Finally I got a chance to win back some ground, then came the next run. My Rod, again the 8LB line, was bent in half and I had my more experienced fisho cousins screaming at me not to panic. Funnily enough I think they were alot more worried than me :1prop: I was having the time of my life, laughing as this fish ran, swearing as our lines got crossed, lauging as we untangled (this happened 3 times, no one thought to bring their lines in until 10 minutes into the 15 minute fight).

Finally landed my first ever King on half a pilchard. NEVER thought I'd land a king, especially on light gear, and yet here it was in the net, thats by far the most fun I've ever had fishing. Two beautiful fish on a beautiful day. Wasn't a monster, 64cm and a tick over 2.5 KG. Didnt have a camera, but took these pictures when I got home, think my cousin has some pics on his phone and im waiting to see him to bluetooth them.

All in all I think I was lucky to get a shot at that fish, but so happy to land it.

Cheers and happy fishing to all

Phil

post-2196-1176953116_thumb.jpg

post-2196-1176953128_thumb.jpg

Edited by rzep