Have U Seen The Latest From Diawa?

GregL

Surfing the net looking for some new goodies, found some crazy looking gear to reward myself with :thumbup:

Now here is a weird named reel, perfect to match with my Miller beast busters.

Morethan Branzino???

http://www.plat.co.jp/english/daiwa/salt_r...000/BRA3000.htm

Then now this is a hot looking bait caster! Perfect for my Blade masters!

http://www.plat.co.jp/english/bass/daiwa/Z...zillion_hlc.htm

And last one is a reel for my luderick fishing.

http://www.plat.co.jp/english/daiwa/salt_reel/LB/top.htm

Man what is next????

Greg

Hey Bmar

Yeah I know they cost a bomb and they are orderable threw Australia. Wait time has been said of 3 weeks but we all know that could go alot longer but when you get use to waiting 6-12 months for a rod whats 3 weeks!

The Hyper was the other choice but to many people have Certates, You know I like to be different! :tease:

And with a funky name like that how could I pass :biggrin2:

G

NOt sure Bmar, Patty has ordered them for me. I don't look after gear well enough to get them without warranty! :wacko:

Only indication I got on pricing for all of them was "expensive"! lol

G

• 4 weeks later...

i've been looking into certate hyper 4000 but plat.co.jp says it has "air metal" housing which is Daiwa's way of saying made of magnesium. I don't care how much coating they put on i still don't want an expensive reel anywhere near salt water. But at another tackle store told me to go with certates because they're made of aluminium. However, i'm not sure if he was referring to normal certates or the hypers

Scott

I think you will be fine in the salt with the Hyper. Usually on plat they will put "fresh water only" in the description part.

The weights of the reels are very similar with the standards.

The way I read it is that gearing is slighly different in the Hypers to the standards. (out of the Saltiga)

The "air Metal" is fine in the salt, I have 13 bream reels that are "air metal" and 12 months later they are still all perfect looking. They don't chip like some of my lesser reels have in the past whilst strapped to the deck or in the rod lockers.

What are you going to chase with this reel?

Are you going to use it to spin plastics, jig or cast hard bodies?

Greg

Mate have a look at the Morethan Brazino 3000.

The 4000 start to feel heavy after 3hrs of casting.

3000's seem to feel more balanced with the light rods of today.

Greg

Scotty

if you are casting lures at them go a 3000 if you are bait fishing a 4000 will b fine.

Make sure you give the boys heaps in there!! Especially that Pat bloke! hehehe (he's my comp partner)

Greg

yeah i will be using it for baitfishing mainly

is Pat who has lisp?

if thats the person he's served me a few times and gave out pretty good info and not the typical salesman who just wants to sell.

Pat's the young short Italian dude, I think your thinking of Sole.

G

What's the Australian Price Greg ? that is getting it through Daiwa Australia so you can claim the warranty locally.

Reels I get from japan. Have 12 month Factory warranty. Supposed to be honoured all over the world.(Daiwa).

Minstor and KNK. give Warranty. just send them back to them ($20/25 bucks).Heck of a lot cheaper than buying in this country....Only things I buy here nowadays, are Tackle and some of the cheaper rods. Braid is only 1/2 the price. and less.

Bought from a reputable dealer. Not a problem.

Regards

Macka17