Hawkesbury Flathead

MGibbo

Hi Fishraiders - I'm heading out next week with some very serious fishing gals (3) and we definitely would like to come home with a few success stories - as we all do. Could anyone please kindly suggest where the best spots are for getting flathead on the Hawkesbury. Specific spots would be wonderful - feel free to PM me.

Mrs Stumpy and I are keen to have a practice run before the social - one more week to go!

Also if anyone is able to post a photo of the best lures/soft plastics to use for flathead, that would be wonderful.

Cheers Marg

(fingers crossed)

G`day Fellas ,

MGibbo , I would seriously consider a Ground Called " Pumpkin Point " .

This Spot , is without a doubt , the Most prolific producer of Table fish on the entire Hawkesburry System.

Anchor just off the drop off , and cast well out into the channel , retreiving the bait the same as you would with soft Plastics.

Keep in mind though Its pretty deep water in Parts , but if the flatties are off the chew , you nearly always keep yourself busy with School Jews .

I have only ever used Bait at this spot , Harbour Prawns are the top Go , or slabs of Mullet 12 cms long , and as wide as a fish Finger.

Good luck on the Day !

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Throw your line into that big blue stuff surrounding you!!!!!

(unless your in the carpark launching!)

Love ya

:074:

Would you like to join us in the carpark Murray? :ranting2::wife: You are more than welcome!

G`day Fellas ,

This Spot , is without a doubt , the Most prolific producer of Table fish on the entire Hawkesburry System.

Anchor just off the drop off , and cast well out into the channel , retreiving the bait the same as you would with soft Plastics.

Keep in mind though Its pretty deep water in Parts , but if the flatties are off the chew , you nearly always keep yourself busy with School Jews .

I have only ever used Bait at this spot , Harbour Prawns are the top Go , or slabs of Mullet 12 cms long , and as wide as a fish Finger.

Good luck on the Day !

Mick

Fantastic help Mick - much appreciated - I know how hard it is for fisho's to share this type of info. I've certainly learnt a lot from this site.

Kind regards

Marg

Mate,

One of my favorite flatty spots is fishermans beach towards cowan,

cast to the base of the rocks on the left as you are looking at the beach two to eight metres out, 5 to 30 Metres off the beach

Sometimes you need a bit of weight to get the baits down through the taylor..

Paternoster

Flat sandy bottom minimal structure. Anchor 20 to 30 metres out and drift the boat back to shore and stretch your legs on the beach,

set up the barby and open another beer.....

P.S. please don't tell anyone else...

Iv never fished the hawksbury before but i always admire the water when driving along the f3 between sydney and newcastle.

Heading towards sydney as you go over the bridge just to the left there are HEAPS of sand flats, fish these flats on a runout tide and i reckon you will get flathead, bream and thumper whiting.

Goodluck.

Cheers james

G`day Fellas ,

Good luck on the Day !

Mick

Hi, Im Rhysy, new to this site.

I've had heaps of luck with squid under the railway bridge, heaps of school jews there. Drifting the leases, I picked up a few nice flatties on anchovies. I have only just switched to using mullet fillets. They work really well for flatties and bream.

Goodluck