Norton's Basin

Rhysy

21 / 4 / 2007

After watching no no no's soft plastics DVD I was keen to put into practice what I had learnt. Norton's Basin was the destination, for those who are unfamiliar, Nortons Basin is aronund the junction of the Warragamba and Nepean Rivers. Armed with bread, corn and plastics we set off.

2pm, two herring, both normal size on the bread float. Not much action with the sun still on the water, decided to fish on the basin bed with bread and corn. Still floating with bread, hooked up with the biggest herring I have ever caught, about 40cm in length and quite fat, put up a good fight. Picked up a baby bass on the bed and decided to move up stream. With the light fading, I decided to try a hook with bread, no weight. Straight away, hooked up a 50 cm carp. Killed it and disposed of humanly.

Tip: I fished Ettalong beach last weekend, hooked up a trevally on carp for bait. Found that stripes of carp work well for bream, trevally and flatties so for those of you trying to find a use for carp, there is your answer.