Brisbane Waters

Hutcho1

Hi Raiders,

After burning rubber up and down the F3 all week it was time to head out to Hardy's Bay in an attempt to solve the mystery from the previous week. After fishing earlier in the day with the kids I checked my browny point account and reckon'd I had just enough for a late night fish with big RayR. After the big fella caught a squid on a plastic? we thought all the moons had aligned. Straight away the fishing action was red hot with a couple of really nice bream in the boat. With a feed already sorted, we let out a couple of whole pilchards and of course out went the squid on the big rod. 15 mintues later, big hit and squid gone, we called it for a jewy. I have no doubt now that is what spat my hook last week.

I also caught a rather large taylor on a ganged pilchard and dropped another, this solves the mystery of the bite off. The taylor was not massive but it was unusually big from my experience in the BW.

We fished till 10pm and all night we were busier than a `one armed paper hanger' and it was great spending some QT with a great mate.

Cheers Hutcho