Geoff, Andy And Dave Hit The Bay

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

The three of us hit Botany today all prepared to put up with a southerly.... Well, it was a beautiful day with light breezes and very fishable.... :biggrin2:

We trolled out under the cliffs heading south and boy was it dead. Nothing on the surface or the sounder so we did a U turn and headed back into the bay. Tried the sticks and a few places for nothing so decided to drop the pick on Watts Reef.

That worked a treat with great Trevors in the burley trail, the biggest of which was outstanding fun on 2kg bream gear. :yahoo:

There were also all manner of other pickers and rubbish in the trail as well but you get that.

I have to say, half a sandworm on a 2gm jig head with a size 4 hook outfished all other baits, peeled prawns included. :1yikes: They were all over the worms and I was glad I made the decision to chuck a bag or two in the box.... :biggrin2:

At the change of tide the Trevors just disappeared and by this time the wind was just a slight breeze so we decided to drift between the heads, relaxing and soaking a bait.

Here, we found a gazillion small flathead, a nice Morwong, a reddie and a few grinners.... :biggrin2:

Headed back into the bay and called it quits about 1:30pm an home to clean up and one beer :thumbup:

In all a great day on the water with a nice feed.

post-237-1177198469_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Thanks Guys,

The fish was great in a light batter and fried - Yum!!!! :thumbup: Don't worry, there were acres of small pinkies around. We did get some just under legal but only the one keeper.

Dicko - I'm talking about the Gulp Sandworms. Colour was Camo. I just snip them in half with the braid scissors and away we go. They really are a gun lure :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Dicko - I'm talking about the Gulp Sandworms. Colour was Camo. I just snip them in half with the braid scissors and away we go. They really are a gun lure :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Yeah i have used them a couple of times when everything was shut down and was very impressed with them! I am interested in giving that a go for trevs in the harbour, do you find you still need to work the lure a bit or do you just let it drift down the berley trail with a few twitches? Thanks heaps