Watsons Bay Wharf

ilk fish

Greetings Fishraiders

Tried Watsons bay baths, for great results of leather jackets.

found the ultimate rig , is to basically use a very soft rod blank of around 10 to 12ft, place an eye on the

the end of it, and from it, tie about 2 feet of 6lb nylon, then tie a pencil float or something similar (very

light float), then off the end of the float tie off enough nylon, so the whole rig will span the length of the

blank, attach just enough split shot to keep the float just on the surface (ps keep the split shot towards

the hook end), the hook can be either a size 12 short or long shank. believe it or not, I hardly had any cutoffs with the short shank. (if you can get thin size 12 or smaller short shanked fly hooks, its better)

ilk

how deep do u make the line go underwater from the float?

also, if u use a smaller hook its easier for them to swallow the small hooks deep and cut off ur line very easily.

Btw wat bait are u using?

thankz for the advice ilk fish

I always use this way to go fishing from wharfs and i just adjust the float to how deep the fish are biting, problems i have with this technigue is that mullet are always on the surface and swimming around my float and the would never go under the float, so i attacted a treble hook rite on the float and its done the job for me. Its actaully a fun way of fishing you can really feel the action in the rod.this technigue is best for yellowtail, black trevally and leather jacket and sometimes i catch alot of bream if the float is adjusted high

cheers