Waterproof Boat Trailer Tail Lights.

Kjd

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of some or if they even exist?

I hate having to bugger around with the tail lights every time we launch. So I'm hoping there are some LED lights that can be submerged so we don't have to take them off at all!

How much would I be looking at?

Cheers!

Ive got Hella LED's which were around $170 each when I bought them three years ago. They seem almost bullet proof and the signals are outstanding. I put them around 300-500mm underwater each launch and retreival.

They are much cheaper now. A mate bought a cheap set and has had trouble with them (not hella).

Cheers

By far, these are the best IMO apart from the overpriced Hella ones.

These ones are fully sealed where as the others are not. Silly, I know, but true.

I've had them on my boat for almost 12months now & they are fantastic AND they come with a 5 year warranty.

post-194-1177721065_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177721085_thumb.jpg

By far, these are the best IMO apart from the overpriced Hella ones.

These ones are fully sealed where as the others are not. Silly, I know, but true.

I've had them on my boat for almost 12months now & they are fantastic AND they come with a 5 year warranty.

post-194-1177721065_thumb.jpg

post-194-1177721085_thumb.jpg

How much and where did you get them from mate?

How much and where did you get them from mate?

Hi. I got those ones on my trailer..

$73 each. and they came from Autopro. In Rockhampton...They same size as th $45 double sealed globe ones. (With the clear covers Over the lenses.) And no globes. Fittings to rust. My globe ones lasted 4 1/2 yrs..

Macka17

I bought some LED trailer lights off Ebay and they work a treat.

I also bought some other ones that swivel and have a white light - I think they called them headlights.

I use these to illuminate the inside of the boat at night (as well as flouros) and they use a lot less battery power than the fluoros.

Just remember to disconnect your power before you dunk the trailer in the water just in case there is a break in the cable somewhere. You may blow a fuse.

Cheers

Greg