New Lb Spot Is Hot! 29/4/07

bbenny

Hey Guys,

Thought id post up a little report after my successful little fish thismorning.

Unfortunately my brother and fishing partner hasnt been well lately so i havent been getting out much. But today I had a quick 1hour window before heading out on the bike.

So I packed my gear into the car and headed for somewhere new, but nice and close!

With a small pack off pillies i decided to cube them out while flicking some light sp's for bream (I still havent caught bream on lures yet - so its something im trying for) with my light lined spool i managed to hook up a few medium taylor near some structure. when all of a sudden a bloody kingy smashes a peice of pillie on the surface right under my nose!

So i quickly tie on a hook and flick out an un-weighted peice, its floating infront of me and the king comes up and circles a few times before grabbing it! woohooo! my rod buckles and the line just snaps insantly! no drag, nothing! :1badmood: turns out my line had somehow looped around the body of the reel. bugger.

Anyway off comes the light stuff and on goes the 15lb braid... I managed two more kingy hook ups right under my nose, one busts be off on the structure close by, and the other spat the hook! All the kingies were only rats about 60cm or so.

But i did manage to land my biggest bream ever! put up a great fight too. I threw her back to make babies, but it would have be around 40+cm. :biggrin2:

Unfortunately I didnt get any pics as i was fishing alone and couldnt be bothered setting up a shot!

But i was stolked with the 1 hour session and love playing with kings even if i dont land any!

Cant wait to get back to the new spot and land some kingies!

Ben.

Sounds like a great little spot.

I wanted to know what raiders think about fishing light for kings in shallow water.

I remember Ross hunter saying on his website, that it is a bit of a no-no.

I suppose he was referring to them tying to survive with gear hanging off them.

Understanding that sometimes it is unavoidable, but definitely something to bear in mind.

Arch

Hi Sparkles,

Yeah it is something i take into consideration, I fish for fun and throw all my catches back.

So i always use those high-carbon hooks that are meant to rust out in 2-3 days if they bust off in the fish's lip.

Ben.

Sounds like a great little spot.

I wanted to know what raiders think about fishing light for kings in shallow water.

I remember Ross hunter saying on his website, that it is a bit of a no-no.

I suppose he was referring to them tying to survive with gear hanging off them.

Understanding that sometimes it is unavoidable, but definitely something to bear in mind.

Arch

i think what he probably meant was that u will lose a lot of them from bust offs because you dont have the grunt to stop them

with light gear, if they wanna bust u off they will :tease: