Hen And Chicken 29/4/07

Rhysy

After reading past reports, I felt that the time was right to venture to “H & C”. Arrived at approximately 12noon, where it was low tide. Casted out some plastics with no success. Reverted to bait, consisting of prawns and strips of mullet. Straight away, two tailor, first one about 30cm and the second 20cm. As the tide continued to run out, fishing became slower and slower. On the verge of quitting, a young boy had caught a couple of nice bream and flathead.

Decided to try his spot with heaps of luck. The tide began to run in resulting it two nice flathead and a flounder. A good spot for a bbq as well. Ill be revisiting this spot again.

Rhysy

Great to hear that you caught something in the end. So here is the obvious question, from a woman, where is the H & C.

Mrs Stumps

Best place to access Hen and Chicken bay would be the end of burwood rd Cabarita, where the boat ramp is.

Rhysy

Better time off the shore would be on the rising tide. I like left of the boat ramp towards the golf corse infront of the units. Hard bodies and reaction baits seem to work better for me. Try a Raphael or a baby vibe ;)

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

No worries Rhysy

There are some great tides ATM with the high just on dusk.

I have been down over the last couple of weeks and have been doing better on plastics.

The Gulp Craw on a hidden weight seems to be the gun at the moment.

Good luck mate

Greg

Great to see some Raiders hitting the old stomping grounds! :biggrin2:

For plenty of info on H.C Bay hit the search button on the top of the page & type it in. There are lots of good tips & advice from people who fish it often.

Cheers,

Grant.