Bigger Fish To Target.

Kjd

G'day everyone,

Am looking to target some larger fish on the Southcoast...

I have a 11ft Flat bottom tinny with 5hp..

What are the bigger sorts of fish me and my mate can target with out boat from the gong to Kiama?

Cheers!

Guest Reely

You;d be better of fishing the rocks, i would not like to get caught in any rough seas or swell or current out the front of the headlands with ony a 5hp. You can catch big fish off the rocks or beaches. Just my thought, looking out for safety before fish!

You;d be better of fishing the rocks, i would not like to get caught in any rough seas or swell or current out the front of the headlands with ony a 5hp. You can catch big fish off the rocks or beaches. Just my thought, looking out for safety before fish!

What I meant mate was are there any safe places I can go in my boat to target some bigger species??

Guest Reely

Yeah no worries, i just looking out for your safety, some people do silly things, i dont know personally any places down there, but im sure Ben(gongfisho) will be able to help. All the best.

K.

Yeah no worries, i just looking out for your safety, some people do silly things, i dont know personally any places down there, but im sure Ben(gongfisho) will be able to help. All the best.

K.

Nah mate thanks a heap! I really appreciate it!!

Whats the furthest South the Jewies get to?

Guest Reely

Oh they are everywhere, just a knack to catch them. Beaches are your best bet! With rocks on either end! Fish near these rocks and you should do ok! Dont necessarily fish the centre of the beach! it may be a desert.

All the best