A Nice Day Out

Piss'n'Broke

Hey all

Myself an Greg headed out earlier this morning for some squid so we could get a few of those resident kingys of sydney harbour.

Managed a few squid very quickly an wasnt long before we had more than enough :biggrin2: . Our squid were caught on 1.5 pioneer an 2.0 mango jiggs that we purchased from Sean at Wattos.

After getting a great report yester we hit qurantine for about a hour or so. Very quite here,,,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz,,, not the good ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! :thumbup: . So after losing 6 or so squid to pickers we thought bugger this, we will try something different. Went out off north head for a bottom bash, not expecting much.

We were pleasantly suprised, got a nice cuttle (HMMMM BAIT). Nice start then all hell brough loose, I start hooking up to rat kingys whilst free-spooling my baits down, whilst Greg is slogging it out deep with other big things.

Total haul for the day was 4 rats, 1 HUGE wrasse, 1 cuttle fish, dropped another, a nice reddie of 38-40cm, and some blinding runs with no hookups, an a huge bustoff that I was quite PO about :mad3:

All in all, a day that came together nicely, fishing, no work, good company, an great weather.

Dan

D&G

Great effort D&G

glad to see those jigs are still smashing them squid

:thumbup::yahoo::thumbup::yahoo:

LOL

That reminds me I have to put some before an after shots of your jiggs.

Ie brand new jigg, vs a jigg we have used half a dozen times an caught over 60 squid on. They have tore the living hell out of it. But still works :biggrin2:

Dan

D&G

Great effort D&G

glad to see those jigs are still smashing them squid

:thumbup::yahoo::thumbup::yahoo:

They sure are Sean.

The ones I got from you last week have paid for them selves already :)

I actually had 2 jiggs on a line on Wednesday. Yours and a Yozuri, your ones got all the squid. Strange huh!

Cheers.

Robbie.

Sounds like u guys had fun out there, :thumbup:

penguin

Sure did mate!

Couldnt beat a day like today, sides getting a few legal kings. We have no reason to gripe Im just happy that I manage to swindle today off or else I wouldnt have been happy when greg gave me his report this afternoon.

Dan

D & G

PS We pulled this up, went 40-55cm, an weighed approx 3-5kgs, was definately heavier than the rats we got. Bloody thing went hard too, had to prize it out from under its fav rock, which wasnt easy. Pretty sure it was a wrasse of some description so it got tossed back after consultation with our fishing guru on the phone.

post-2246-1178262041_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan and Greg

Sure did mate!

Couldnt beat a day like today, sides getting a few legal kings. We have no reason to gripe Im just happy that I manage to swindle today off or else I wouldnt have been happy when greg gave me his report this afternoon.

Dan

D & G

PS We pulled this up, went 40-55cm, an weighed approx 3-5kgs, was definately heavier than the rats we got. Bloody thing went hard too, had to prize it out from under its fav rock, which wasnt easy. Pretty sure it was a wrasse of some description so it got tossed back after consultation with our fishing guru on the phone.

NICE work boys.I gotta say it was HELL working where i was, staring out at newport reef,and listening to you two havin a ball via txt updates ,killin me.

NICE work boys.I gotta say it was HELL working where i was, staring out at newport reef,and listening to you two havin a ball via txt updates ,killin me.

LOL

Yeah I could imagine. Sorry about hanging up on you in mid sentence this morning, Greg was hooked up an losing a tad bit of line :biggrin2:

Looking foward to this weekend,,, how about you jason?

Dan

D & G

mate i must admit i cant wait to get out on the water

i dont know what i prefer more atm squidding or hauling in a kingie :1prop:

i just bought a new setup but can u not mention it to the :wife:

as the secret must be closely guarded.....mens business ok? :biggrin2:

Hey fellas,

Nice day out eh!

Good to score a few kings even if they were rats!

Ps. the comp is on this sunday harbour and surounds! Most seriola ( king, amberjack, sampson) in total cm over the morning (keepers only) a good photo next to brag mat or fisheries sticker is required!!

The prize is a great day out! :074::biggrin2::thumbup::yahoo:

Dan.

Hey fellas,

Nice day out eh!

Good to score a few kings even if they were rats!

Ps. the comp is on this sunday harbour and surounds! Most seriola ( king, amberjack, sampson) in total cm over the morning (keepers only) a good photo next to brag mat or fisheries sticker is required!!

The prize is a great day out! :074::biggrin2::thumbup::yahoo:

Dan.

Your on!!!!!!!!!!

Losers owe the winner, a beer each!!!! Should be a Great day for one of us :1prop:

Dan

D & G