Billfisher Nails A Striped Marlin

Ross Hunter

We said in the last post that there is a great head of water off Sydney and it may have some yellowfin and striped marlin... That's always a prediction that may or may not come to fruition . Well I am pleased to say the Captain Glenn proved it right by catching and releasing a 95 kg striped on BILLFISHER to day.

The big fish was caught on 24kg in 200 fathoms on the way to the Mountain. Glenn said "I saw about 6 birds and cruised over and got him on straight away"The fish was caught on a Bloodshot tuna hunter. :1fishing1: The fish took 40 minutes to land and was the anglers first. Glenn also said that it really does look good for yellowfin tuna but he did not have the time to work the area. As well as that marlin our great friend and long time charterer Gearge Walker also caught a striped at the 12 mile. George has caught in exsess of 50 marlin on Broadbill and was thrilled to catch one from his trailer boat.

The weather looks good so it may be a good weekends fishing I will look forward to reports from Raiders. Don't forget if you want some hints on striped marlin then visit :1welcomeani: www.gamefishingcharters.com.au and go into Techniques section It may help.

For those wanting to have a bottom fish I would suggest the 55 metre areas off Coogee but you must anchor and fish flaoters back in the current There are some good reds around at the moment It might be worth a go. Good Luck and Good fishing.... For the early birds you can tune into Hi tide on 2ky and listen to my segment at 5.45am of even ring up and have a chat live.

Roscoe

Thanks for the report Roscoe

Great stuff on the Marlin Glenn!

It's shaping up as a bumper Tuna season again. :thumbup:

If any Raiders want to get into some of these magnificent fish then get out there with the best. Ross & Glenn really know their stuff.

Cheers,

Grant.

Great Report Ross and excellant info as always. Congratulations to Glenn for another Spripie added to the ever growing tally. You and Glenn definately run the best out wide Game fishing outfit from south Sydney. It was a experience and absolute pleasure to have fished on Glenns boat last year, and great catching up with Glenn again at PS in Feb. The extra Effort you and Glenn put into giving your crew for the day the best day possible stands out from the rest. Ill be out tommorrow pulling some lures around and will give you both a wave as usual. Cheers and good luck . Dave

We said in the last post that there is a great head of water off Sydney and it may have some yellowfin and striped marlin... That's always a prediction that may or may not come to fruition . Well I am pleased to say the Captain Glenn proved it right by catching and releasing a 95 kg striped on BILLFISHER to day.

The big fish was caught on 24kg in 200 fathoms on the way to the Mountain. Glenn said "I saw about 6 birds and cruised over and got him on straight away"The fish was caught on a Bloodshot tuna hunter. :1fishing1: The fish took 40 minutes to land and was the anglers first. Glenn also said that it really does look good for yellowfin tuna but he did not have the time to work the area. As well as that marlin our great friend and long time charterer Gearge Walker also caught a striped at the 12 mile. George has caught in exsess of 50 marlin on Broadbill and was thrilled to catch one from his trailer boat.

The weather looks good so it may be a good weekends fishing I will look forward to reports from Raiders. Don't forget if you want some hints on striped marlin then visit :1welcomeani: www.gamefishingcharters.com.au and go into Techniques section It may help.

For those wanting to have a bottom fish I would suggest the 55 metre areas off Coogee but you must anchor and fish flaoters back in the current There are some good reds around at the moment It might be worth a go. Good Luck and Good fishing.... For the early birds you can tune into Hi tide on 2ky and listen to my segment at 5.45am of even ring up and have a chat live.

Roscoe

WELL DONE GLEN, LOOKING FORWARD TO A GOOD YELLOW FIN TRIP SHORTLY WITH THE BOYS.

THE HUMAN WINCH (YES GLEN 1 MINUTE 3 SECONDS )