Browns And Beyond

aussie big bob

Hi fellow raiders

Well after putting a post in desperate and boat less (spare spot) and no takers it was going to be a solo to browns.

Saturday started at 2.30am arrived at b/b ramp approx 5am. Where I see netic and friends having brekkie (I think it was him) boat on the water by 5.30 and head for the live bait grounds.

Half way to moll point I reflect back to my last few attempts of fishing for live bait and that was hours wasted for zip. So decide to head for brown's with bait I had and my arsenal of lures.

The conditions that I was presented with at the heads were just unbelievable so decide to take advantage of the great condition and throttle up and headed for mountain.

I maintain a good 45km all the way except for the last 2 to 3 clicks as it started to cop at this point so back of to about 30km arrived on the mountain approx 6.45 to see that is was starting to become a car park.

So out go some lures at head east of browns, as there did not seam to be much happening, trolled approx 10k’s east of browns for zip slow u-turn completed and back to browns still trolling hung around the mountain for a while but zip.

But to cut rest of the story short the day finished as

Trolled from browns to wide fad. Fish the fad for zip and mind you it was a car park and some diver creating havoc for us boaties

Trolled from wide fad to close fad. Fished the fad for zip only one hook up but hook pulls, and only one other boat

Trolled from close fad to Sydney south head 1 slime

Trolled from Sydney south head to Botany Bay heads (in hope of a king or 2) zip

Total distance covered 157km’s and total catch 1 slime

B/b heads do one drift to see if I would get some table fish but only 1 poor man’s lobster

But all in all a great day on the water arrive b/b ramp 4.15

He is a picture I took about 10 clicks of the mountain it does not get any better than this

And here is one of a pod of dolphins that keep me amused for a brief 5 mins this was taken about 3 clicks heading back in from browns.

Photo not the best as was solo and trying to drive boat and take photo, but if you look you can see them in the distance and one under the water just in font of the boat.

Cheers

Bob

post-2934-1178405039_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussie big bob

Guest Reely

I too was out there and did pretty much what you did, no sign of life outwide, the most action we saw was at 12mile on the way back, Striped Tuna everywhere.Should have stayed there all day. Very nice day on the water, just no fish. Alot of boats were bottom bashing browns. The water was beautiful, just not enough life in it.

So, seriously, I've been thinking quite hard at doing the Browns Mountain Thing.

How long does it take to get there and what is the closest boatramp.???

Thanks Raiders, I have know idea! :wacko:

Guest Reely

19Nm from Botany Heads, 23Nm from Sydney. Takes over an hour, but with conditions they were on the weekend we got there in 40min. Just make sure the weather is good enough, there were plenty of 5m boats out there on the weekend. Most bottom bashing. But some were trolling around.

Glad I didn't waste my time! Unlucky fellas. :thumbdown:

you may think we were unlucky

but really we were lucky, even with no fish the weather was just so good

and we were out there enjoying ourself.

thank good that browns is a distance of shore as the :wife: does not like to go that far :yahoo:

and hates trolling. :yahoo:

so i belive that i was the luckiest bloke on the week end

thank god for fishing

cheers

bob

p/s i would do it all again even if the reports where negative as i have always looked at fishing as my escape and the fish are only a bonus

Guest Big-Banana

Definitely true, I pulled the pin on a trip out wide in the last minute. Ended up getting a few Bream in Berowra anyways, so it was a top weekend. :biggrin2:

you may think we were unlucky

but really we were lucky, even with no fish the weather was just so good

and we were out there enjoying ourself.

thank good that browns is a distance of shore as the :wife: does not like to go that far :yahoo:

and hates trolling. :yahoo:

so i belive that i was the luckiest bloke on the week end

thank god for fishing

cheers

bob

p/s i would do it all again even if the reports where negative as i have always looked at fishing as my escape and the fish are only a bonus

love your attitude bob

i think that is what life is all about when you refer to fishing :thumbup: