Fad And Terrigal Wide

livo

Started early and eventually found the FAD. (Old Coords in the GPS so a phone call or two later) Dollies were there but not hungry. We could see them spying our baits and a couple jumped around us but none for the ice. One boat got two while we were there but we decided a bottom bash would be better.

Hit 70 meters at Terrigal Wide and started a burley mix happening. First fish was a reasonable Mowie followed by another and another. Then a 33cm red and a nice surprise for the skipper with a 40 cm Pearl Perch. 3 more mowies with the largest about 50 cm. A nannygai and another little red (legal).

All fish were caught in the hour either side of Full tide and then there was none.

Tried 50 meters at Terrigal East on the way in for baby Red feeding time so in to the ramp at 2.30. pm.

The big surprise of the day was no leatherjackets.

Doesn't my son photograph well????

post-3225-1178440321_thumb.jpg

post-3225-1178440294.jpg

Edited by mrs rzep

Considering that the Terrigal Fad could be the last watering hole on earth, and I for the life of me just can't find it :05:

Well done.

By the way, I'm sure I saw your son on "Judge Judy" and he got sent to prison :074::074:

Nice Pic, Great Fish, I'm rather jealous

Cheers!

Edited by stumpy

Considering that the Terrigal Fad could be the last watering hole on earth, and I for the life of me just can't find it :05:

Well done.

By the way, I'm sure I saw your son on "Judge Judy" and he got sent to prison :074::074:

Nice Pic, Great Fish, I'm rather jealous

Cheers!

Stumpy,

I think the FAD you couldn't find was the Broken Bay FAD or Sydney North as it's called on the DPI Fisheries site. We were at The Terrigal FAD today which is a little bit further north but it is hard to see that when your out that wide.

We were out if the FIL's boat today and I didn't take my GPS. His coordinates for the Terrigal FAD were a couple of years back and we had to make a couple of Phone calls to get the right ones. Once we had them we found that we were 3.56 km to the north and you can only see the bouy when you are within 1 km on a calm day (as was today). But with the right coordinates we found it and again we would have run over it.

Interestingly though the other boats out there today were not launched at Terrigal but came up from the south so my guess is either Broken Bay, Pittwater or perhaps even the Harbour. Either way they must have passed the BB FAD to get to Terrigal FAD.

Your son looks like he is sea sick on land :074: Not a great Photo at all

Nice bag of fish

How good is that no leatherjackets

I used the same set of hooks all day and didn't lose any lead. Unlike 2 weeks ago when I lost enough to run a large charter for the day. Mind you my wife likes eating Jackets and so do I.