Broken Bay

Wastin Time

Hi all,

Well i finally got out on the water :yahoo:

Not having a GPS on my sounder, i just headed out past Lion Islane/Barrenjoey & kept driving east til we found about 6 other boats all fishing in about 45M of water (would someone be able to roughly point out where we were?) - the water was sooooooo flat, man it was nice out there.

Anyway didnt take long til my mate hooks up on a bloody mother of a leatherie about 50cm (will post pics later) then it was leatherie after leatherie. Mixed in were some small flatties & 1 just under snapper. Finally sick of cathcing leathers we just cruised back & done a drift round dangar & in between the bridges for 1 almost eatable flattie.

Twas a great day out there on Saturday.

post-1909-1178579103_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wastin Time

Guest MRS WATTO

We kinda got sick of catching them & loosing tackle - buggers.

Watto - where were you??????

Roy

Great report , glad you had a great day out on the water.

YOu lost tackle????????????? Well you should visit WATTO"S and stock up, great store specials this week.

We kinda got sick of catching them & loosing tackle - buggers.

Watto - where were you??????

when we fish for them at south west rocks in the winter we use full wire dropper rigs with hooks snap swivelled onto the wire so we can change the hooks when they get bitten through. The rigs are good for at least 30 jackets, use tough bait like squid or occy and youll be surprised, often if you can get through the jackets there will be decent snapper underneath. Tell you what, dont fall in though cause they eat anything, including each other once hooked - if you did fall in they would piranah you im sure...!

ahh we went out there a few weeks ago and all we caught was those ulgy fish

there was loads of them and you could see them swimming in schools

we must have caught 20+!!

none the less decent size for a leathie