Cpt Cook Again!

I've been roped into another night trip (Anthony REALLY had to twist my arm!)

We're pushing off at Hurstville Grove around 5 tonight and trying under the Capt Cook bridge again.

If anyone's around, don't be a stranger!

I'll let you all know how i go tomorrow..... fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Martin

I would like to submit a follow up to the above and hopefully win a title while I'm at it!

The record I'm going for is the largest flatty by a blind man!

and here's the story:

Anthony and I push off from Hurstville around 5:30pm and head straight for Captain Cook. After a bit of bait fishing for ZERO, we get the SP's out as the tailor was a bit active.

8 or 9 in the boat and we thought we'd head around to Brighton etc for a bit of drifting. We get to Brighton and think "why stop here? let's head out to the runways!" so we do!

We sent a tailor out live and a couple of rods in with bait and waited .... and waited ... and waited... ZERO!

So as you do, we head back.

For some UNKNOWN reason, I decide to sweep wide coming back to the bridge ..... BIG MISTAKE!

It's around 10pm, pitch black and not a marker in sight!

I can see the land to my left but I was miles away from it! Or so I thought.... before I knew it, Anthony screams out SAND and then BANG...... anthony and I are ARSE OVER TIT in the boat and we stop in a grinding hault! We're about 6 or 7 meteres up a 30 meter bank! There was no way I could have seen that the bank was SOOOOOO far out from the land! After a quick check of ourselves (we were ok thanks for asking!) we get out and I'm thinking the worse ..... MY BOAT!

We inspected and all seemed ok. We dug around the prop and trimmed it up, all was good. We tried pushing the boat back in but we had BUGGER ALL chance of that! So we decided to wait till the tide came in before trying again.

What does any respectful fisherman do in a time of crisis like this?.......

FISH !

Out come the SP's and before you know it, flatty!

We sat around, laughed, waited for the water to come in, pushed the boat into the great blue and took off.

Motor started first click, everything was good. We even stopped under the bridge on the way back for a fish! (of course this was purely to see if the boat was taking in any water!)

After an hour or so, we got back to the ramp, hitched the boat and came home!

I flushed the motor out quickly and went to bed. On further inspection this morning, no cracks in the boat, transim or otherwise and other than a can of coke spilt all over the floor, everything's fine!

Any way, 31cm flatty for a bloke that couldn't see 80 million tonnes of sand ..... any prizes? :(

Edited by fishy fingers

Martin,

Where abouts did you bottom out. I thought the only sandbank was out near the club near captain cook bridge.

That would of been on your right heading back??

Im out there a fair bit at night and yeh sand banks can be a bitch to spot especially on a clear night, no moon and clouds.

Good to hear no damage/ harm done.

cheers

b

Martin,

Where abouts did you bottom out. I thought the only sandbank was out near the club near captain cook bridge.

That would of been on your right heading back??

Im out there a fair bit at night and yeh sand banks can be a bitch to spot especially on a clear night, no moon and clouds.

Good to hear no damage/ harm done.

cheers

b

Mate we were on the way back to the bridge and bottomed out at The Elephant's Trunk

Yeah I was lucky about the boat .... NOT A SCRATCH! ..... well no new ones any way!

Can't say the same for my shoulder though :1crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

Mate that was a very close call, could have been alot worse if all you had was a sore shoulder! Hope all is good!

D & G

PS You could have been like another FR that lost his boat onto the ramp a few weeks back. Can still hear it now :tease:

Cough!! Splutter!! Cough!!!

Who was that??? :whistling: