Botany Bay Offshore The Fads

james1990

Hi guys

Left cooks river ramp at 6am this mornin, onboard was myself, DOMZA, WILDFISH and my dad.

First stop was molinoux point for some livies, in about 2 hours we had 7-8 yakkas in the tank all perfect size for live baiting.

Went straight out of botany heads travelled about 7 miles ou then decided to drop lines in the water.

We were trolling 2 large skirtss out the back and 2 smaller skirts off the riggers, in the shotty posy we had a medium skirt.

Just after we finished letting the lines out and started getting up to speed ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the port rigger pops out, dom was on first strike, he fought a fiesty little striped tuna to the boat after several nice runs he landed it, (IT WAS IS FIRST).

We trolled all the way to the close fad for ZILCH, trolled around the fad for ZILCH the sounder had ZILCH showing, water temp was about 20 degs.

Decided to head to the far fad in search of......fish, got about half way there and bought all the lines in and headed for the fad.

Got about 2 miles off the far fad and saw the water break to the left of us about 200 meters away, first thing i did was yell marlin and grabbed one of my pre-rigged live baiting traces, but later found out it was dolphines :thumbdown: they played around in our wake for a few moments then left.

We arrived at the FAR fad to find 3 other boats already fishing and landing dollies.

Straight out with the livies, after about 5 mins my rod goes off, i landed a nice sized dollie approx 60-65cm.

Over the next 40 mins or so we landed 6 other dollies and had plenty of fun watchin dollies school around the boat.

All in all we had a good day

8 yakkas

coupla throwbacks(bream, pinkies etc)

1 strped tuna

1 leather jacket

6 dollies

We also received a (small) blueeye that mako had caught at browns mountain :thumbup: cant wait to eat it.

It was one of the smallest ones he landed.

Here are the pictures............enjoy

As im typing this DOMZA is out fishing on his boat, poor bugga has to be stuffed.

post-2250-1178966437_thumb.jpg

Edited by james1990

great day out, and damn do those stripies go hard, still can't can't believe we got it within 5 minutes of starting trolling.

good to see mako at the ramp, what a top catch.

1205071107vk0.jpg

1205071417qk1.jpg

this is the kingfish my brother caught in botany that night

4:30 am - 9pm :1fishing1::1yikes::074:

1205072128wy1.jpg

p.s note lukes yakka in second picture :074:

Good pics dom, nice kingy, i bet you were stuffed for work today, you put some serious hours into fishing.

Did you or wildfish get any pics of the dolphins??????

Yeh lukes yakka was perfect size :1prop: nah i think he caught one bigger than thta, BUT he did land a dollie on 2kg bream gear:thumbup: .

Good day out fellas.

cheers james

nah james! unfortunatly i got the camera out just before they took off, 1 shot and they were under water at the time!

when i got home i seen on the news that the whales are migrating up the nsw coast at this time, so probably was a whale we seen also!

thanks for the day out! :thumbup: